300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUI questions.

Hey everybody, looking to see if anybody knows or have heard of any PDs that have more lax regs towards prior DUI's than others. I only ask because because the normal standard seems to be anywhere from 5-10 years of the conviction date. I'm early 30's, prior service 11B and I've only gotten in trouble once and as you can tell, its a DUI from almost 4 years ago. Credit score is good so I'm not worried about that. Any info is much appreciated.

I've heard of some. Usually it's the departments that are desperate for bodies.

if you do get on don't ruin it!

Comment

Just be advised that even those agencies that have a "5 - 10 yr rule" on DUI's normally won't hire a prospective cop that has a prior DUI.............It just means that it isn't a Automatic Disqualifying matter after that time.

Yea, there are exceptions, and like westside popo stated ,......those agencies that have a hard time keeping staffed but in practice most agencies have enough applicants who don't carry a DUI history.

Good luck
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

dragon-dreams3.jpg
        To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.

-Elbert Hubbard

Comment

Chances are slim. Good luck!
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

You won't know if you don't apply. Was it a DUI arrest or DUI + accident? Be willing to move. As was mentioned above, the agencies that would hire you this soon after a DUI are desperate for bodies. You can work at one of these, let time between the offense and reapply to another dept. I wouldn't give up.
            Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

It depends on the department. I know of a candidate who was hired over me and he had a prior DUI arrest a few years ago vs my clean driving record and background. So it really depends on what the agency is looking for. :/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8890 users online. 357 members and 8533 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X