300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure

Hey guys. I've posted a couple of threads about the crime scene technician position that I applied for. I went for my oral interview a little over two weeks ago. I am second guessing myself about the oral interview, I know it's too late to do that, but I'm still doing it.

At the end of the interview I was asked if I had any questions. I was nervous like anyone would be and I didn't have any questions to ask. I'm thinking I went wrong there. Does it matter if you have questions to ask or not at the end of the interview?

They seemed to be interested in me. They were writing stuff down and asking questions about the things I was telling them. I called my BI today to find out what was going on because it has been over two weeks and I haven't heard anything. I was told that they were interviewing about twenty people and they were still in the process of selecting.

I was told that they have 6 positions available. One was for trainee and the other for those with prior experience. What are my chances with that ratio? I'm just a little bummed out because I've been trying so long to get into law enforcement and nothing ever seems to work out.

I've applied and been accepted in the academy as a pre-service candidate, but it's been over a year since I've been accepted. I want so badly to do the job of my dreams but it seems like I'm just spinning my wheels. I know I have a chance of getting the crime scene position. I have been stir crazy waiting to hear something.

Any advice or comments would be great.
    Last edited by alienbow; 04-16-2007, 11:14 AM.
    www.amyandwandasrants.blogspot.com

You're probably in one of the most difficult phases of the hiring process. It's called waiting, and there's little I can say or do to make it any easier for you. It's also easy for me to say, not to second guess yourself concerning the Oral Board. Try to minimize that though, as there's not a thing you can do about it now. Anxious as you are, I'd suggest you minimize your calls to the BI. Yours is probably not the only file on his/her desk. Hope things work out well for you.

Comment

Don't worry too much. Almost every application process takes a lot longer than you are told it is going to take. You will be notified if for some reason you are no longer in the process, so until then you should just assume that they are still working on everything. I agree that you should minimize your calls to them. I would assume that they aren't going to just forget about you, and they are probably very busy with all the work that goes along with hiring new people.

You just have to ride it out and not worry about it (easy to say).
      Get Local Coupons
      Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I haven't called my BI any, today was the first time just to find out what was going on. It is hard waiting and I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes stir crazy, lol. I am weary of calling a BI too much, they don't like that.

I will let you guys know when I hear something. I'm just wondering how much longer it is going to take, lol. Thanks again guys.
        www.amyandwandasrants.blogspot.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6101 users online. 315 members and 5786 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X