300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it typically take to get Poly results back

I recently took a polygraph 5 weeks ago and have not heard anything back yet either good or bad. The BI told me it will take "a few weeks" to get the results back. How long do most poly results take to come in? From what I've seen 2 weeks to a month seems to be the norm? Is it unusual for them to take longer than a month? Am I being too impatient? Would it be unreasonable to reach out to my BI in a week or so if I still have not heard anything?

Depends on the agency..........

IF the AGENCY says it will be a few weeks.................it will be a few weeks. Yes a few weeks could mean a couple months if that is what the agency does
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      Depends on the agency..........

IF the AGENCY says it will be a few weeks.................it will be a few weeks. Yes a few weeks could mean a couple months if that is what the agency does
      Thanks, I wonder why it takes them so long? Do they have to run it through the chain of command for approval?

Comment

In most agencies you don't get a letter or email saying congratulations, you passed the poly. If you fail, you get the dreaded DQ letter. If you pass, you hear nothing and your package goes back in line to be processed in the order of your score, as vacancies occur.

As has been said here many times before, no news is good news.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Capfan85 View Post

Thanks, I wonder why it takes them so long? Do they have to run it through the chain of command for approval?
          sometimes who ever is scoring the test has other duties

sometimes who ever is handling administrative duties of the hiring process have other duties

some times it just depends on the agency
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
            In most agencies you don't get a letter or email saying congratulations, you passed the poly. If you fail, you get the dreaded DQ letter. If you pass, you hear nothing and your package goes back in line to be processed in the order of your score, as vacancies occur.

As has been said here many times before, no news is good news.
            Thanks for clarifying

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

sometimes who ever is scoring the test has other duties

sometimes who ever is handling administrative duties of the hiring process have other duties

some times it just depends on the agency
              Thanks, appreciate the info.

Comment

I was told immedeatly afterwards that I passed. However it was the last thing I had to do in the process for that department.
                Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
                President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
                President Jefferson Davis

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
                  I was told immedeatly afterwards that I passed. However it was the last thing I had to do in the process for that department.
                  I still have to do a psych and medical and background. They said it would take a few weeks to get the results in and then schedule me for psych and medical, but I havent heard anything since either good or bad.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8706 users online. 340 members and 8366 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X