300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting a year to re-apply

I was turned down by an agency in dec of 06, I just saw that they are hireing a lot of people. When I got turned down the Sgt. told me to stay out of trouble (havent really been in any, but thats what he said) and see him in December. My question is, do departments ever bend the 1 year rule. I think I would be a good fit for this place, and I am wondering if I should give a recruiter a call.

Thanks in advance!

Dont know why I wasn't hired, may have been the poly, didnt lie but they wouldnt tell me if I passed. Also had an ex friend give me a bad ref because we had a falling out over something he was doing in his life that I didn't approve of (long, long story)
    “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
    ― Henry Ford

I would wait

If it were me...I would wait.

Most agencies don't just make up policies that they don't enforce...and you run the risk of seriously ticking off some admin person who will send you a not so courtious letter letting you know the mistake you made...and then be watching for when you re-apply.

If they didn't want you for whatever reason before...then your best bet is to wait the year..and see if your status improves.

It just doesn't look good to discard the rules and procedures of the agency your applying for has set...as if they don't apply to you.

But that's just my opinion...
    Dig
    Never...EVER...do anything to encourage a mime!

Comment

wait a year... don't push it.

Comment

Re-Apply

Difficult as it might be, let the year go by. You know the issues, if any, that would stand in the way of your being hired at a police agency. As noted in a previous post, agencies don't often make policies simply to waive or ignore them later.

Comment

Thats pretty much what I figured, thanks for the advice! I have stuff in the works with other agencies, but I would really have liked to work at this one dpeartment. I will re-apply later on down the road.
          “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
          ― Henry Ford

Comment

I wouldn't wait a full year before submitting your app. Otherwise it will be a year and one half-2 years before you're on the street.

Calculate the length of the process, and make it around a year'ish when they first see your face (orals probably). Unless they're a really small agency, I don't see them remembering you.

Comment

I was DQ'd by the NHP, I didnt pass their interview portion, but later found out that it was because the local SO told them they where going to hire me but anyway.

I was told they RECOMMEND to not apply for a year, but its not a policy, I asked why they recommend it but never got a response.

is it policy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4357 users online. 271 members and 4086 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X