300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did not pass my probationary period due to an IA investigation

I was investigated by IA and subsequently released from my position prior to finishing my probationary period. What are my chances with getting on with another department?

What was the IA investigation for?
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

Your chances are probably not good. Obviously, it will depend on specifics, but law enforcement is one of those professions that tends to blackball people that get terminated. Yeah, there are laws that say a past employer isnt allowed to do that. The reality is there are lots of people that work for different agencies that all know each other and go to each others events. They go to training seminars, they go to funerals, they go to fundraisers, etc... and they talk to one another.
      You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Being IA’d while on probation, and released is a serious issue.

That IA will follow you forever. Google Brady.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

A lot is going to depend on what you did or didn't do, which you have chosen not to share with us. Without the facts, all we can do here is whip out the Magic 8 ball, give it a shake and see what it says. Mine says maybe/maybe not.

Here's the deal - Being rejected while on probation after an IA can suggests one of two things. Either you did something worthy of termination, or you didn't engage in misconduct, but got caught up in a matter that had the potential to embarrass the department, and offering up a probationer as a sacrifice was the most expedient way for the department to save face. If its the latter, you might have a chance.

Unless you tell us what happened, we can't offer any meaningful advice, Consider that no one here has any idea who carolinacoyote is, so your anonymity is reasonably good. Also understand that cops here call a spade a spade. If you screwed up, you will be told so about 15 different ways.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I LOVE probbies............................said no one ever
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

More facts are needed to form a proper analysis

Comment

If you arrested a DUI suspect based on a coin-toss app, your chances are zero.

Comment

Hhaaaaaaaahahahaha! Eagle1 for the Win!
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Yep we would have to know more details to give a meaningful answer.

I've known some that have been fired on probation and get hired elsewhere. Depends on what the IA investigation was for.
                    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
                    President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
                    President Jefferson Davis

Comment

• carolinacoyote
                      carolinacoyote commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And if I was put on a Brady list?

was this you??

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news...deo/770108002/

Comment

If you are on the "Brady list" then the chances are not good at all. At least not with any reputable department or agency.

Though I know of an agency that has willingly rehired a Brady officer.

Your best bet would be to find a different line of work. You can try at one of those departments that pay at or just above the minimum wage and are desperate for help. Some may refer to them as second chance or last chance departments.

Even if you do manage to get on elsewhere. Any case you make that goes to trial is likely to be dropped by the prosecutor. Unless another officer was there and could testify for you.
                    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
                    President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
                    President Jefferson Davis

Comment

A one post wonder.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13710 users online. 501 members and 13209 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X