300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Ins.

What do recruits do for health insurance during the academy?

usually, fully sponsored recruits get health insurance from day one of the academy. otherwise, ther'es probably a nurse at the academy

Comment

Health insurance

Can only answer for Alabama Department of Public Safety. Recruits are fully covered with state provided Health/Hospitilization/Dental while in the Academy. If the Recruit is married, dependant coverage is provided through payroll deduction. Check with your employing agency to determine coverage for you and your dependants while you're in the Academy.

Comment

The three departments that I've applied to state on thier websites that, recruits are "at will employees" and are covered by workers compensation insurance only during the academy. I don't believe workers comp covers general health.

Comment

You are correct. Workman's Comp covers only injuries you may sustain while at the Academy. Hopefully, the agency(s) you applied to will make Health/Hospitilization available to you once appointed as a Police Officer.Why not look into an agency that offers pay/benefits while you're in the Academy?

Comment

I'm committed geographiclly for several reasons. I'll ask at the next oreintation, I would hope that there is a low cost solution, I'm sure I'm not the only person in this boat!

Comment

Hope it works out for you. Best of luck.

Comment

Most depts in CA; that i know about pay for their recurits from day 1.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6127 users online. 367 members and 5760 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X