300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gotta question

hello i got a question. first, ill give you my background. i live in pensacola, fl. and i want to apply to be an police officer/deputy (whichever im not picky) my question is i have a couple speeding tickets (over 2 years ago) and my credit is not so hot due to a recent divorce i thought about applying to montgomery police (alabama) and everywhere inbetween other than what i have listed above i have a perfect history i work as an armored car driver now and i am attending college for an AA in criminal justice (1st year student) are thes problems i have automatic DQ's or not? my credit has just went down in the past year due to the divorce im working on catching back up but it takes time anyway anyinformation would be great have a nice day!

Probably not automatic DQs, but they aren't going to help you a lot either. What's really important, and I can't emphasize this too much, is how you're handling these debts at present. If you've made arrangements to handle them, and are living up to your end of the bargain, you should be okay. It's of vital importance that you fully disclose your financial situation in your SPH or background package. I'm retired from Alabama DPS, and while I was active, I had the opportunity to interact often with the Montgomery Police Dept. They are an excellent agency, and will do a very thorough background investigation on you if you advance that far into the process. That said, be up front concerning your situation. You're not the only one it's happened to. Best of luck!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3095 users online. 210 members and 2885 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X