• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification On A Disqualification Policy

Hi,
    I need clarification on this part of the policy:

Candidates will be automatically be disqualified if they:

Have a DUI conviction within the past 5 years, or a history involving DUI convictions or a history of failure to appear in court, or a driver license revocation, or a conviction of leaving the scene of an accident.

My story:

April 2013, my license was suspended due to a few late child support payments, ( Child Support Obligation Closed Indefinitely ). My license been current for 5 years and counting ever since with any violations.
    My question is do the policy applies to me pertaining to the driver license revocation for disqualification in the hiring process?

1. Written Exam - Passed
    2. Physical Agility/Ability Test/ Obstacle Course - Passed
    3. Eye Exam/ Finger Print/Polygraph Exam- Passed
    4. Comprehensive Background Investigation - In Progress
    5. Medical Exam - Not scheduled
    6. Psychological Evaluation - Not scheduled
    7. Drug Screen - Not Scheduled

Depends on the state but usually there is a vast difference between suspension and revocation.

Comment

I had my license in SC suspended, I paid the fees and got it reinstated, but I made sure to let the hiring people know it
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

• slcool
        slcool commented
        Editing a comment
        J2H, yes i let them know what happened in April 2013.....Went to court, paid up the child support, got license reinstated...Child Support Obligation is closed indefinately....No more paying....Havent had a traffic violation since 2013.

Ask the agency
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by slcool View Post
        Hi,
        I need clarification on this part of the policy:

Candidates will be automatically be disqualified if they:

Have a DUI conviction within the past 5 years, or a history involving DUI convictions or a history of failure to appear in court, or a driver license revocation, or a conviction of leaving the scene of an accident.

My story:

April 2013, my license was suspended due to a few late child support payments, ( Child Support Obligation Closed Indefinitely ). My license been current for 5 years and counting ever since with any violations.
        My question is do the policy applies to me pertaining to the driver license revocation for disqualification in the hiring process?

1. Written Exam - Passed
        2. Physical Agility/Ability Test/ Obstacle Course - Passed
        3. Eye Exam/ Finger Print/Polygraph Exam- Passed
        4. Comprehensive Background Investigation - In Progress
        5. Medical Exam - Not scheduled
        6. Psychological Evaluation - Not scheduled
        7. Drug Screen - Not Scheduled

As Iowa #1603 suggested, your best bet is to ask the agency...or simply wait until they disqualify you (or not).

FWIW, I would be more concerned about your failure to pay child support than the enforcement action that was taken because of it (license suspension). Not fulfilling financial obligations (especially court-ordered ones) is a pretty big deal for some hiring agencies...but it would depend on the exact circumstances of your case.

Comment

• slcool
          slcool commented
          Editing a comment
          This license suspension happened in April 2013.....It wasnt a failure to pay, I just got behind on a few hundred dollars ($600) Ive been paying just got behind at the time.... The child support obligation for that case is closed indefinately.

The good news for you is your driving privileges have been in the clear the past 5 years. So long as you're truthful about the matter from 2013 when they ask you about it, you SHOULD be okay. Crap happens, but how i see it, your situation from 2013 doesn't fall into the DQ category you have provided for reference.

Comment

• slcool
          slcool commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your answer WoodCo.Explorer

WoodCo.Explorer, I had a Attempt To Elude charge back in 2010...The BI said it may not sit well with hiring board.

Comment

Ouch....yeah he may be on to something there. Worse case scenario, if they do kick ya loose based on the 2010 incident, give it a few more years and try again. The best thing you can do is pit forth time and an exemplary

Comment

• slcool
            slcool commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, Time do heals so I thought 8 years will have been enough time to heal an incident that was in 2010.

Exemplary driving record****

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5868 users online. 203 members and 5665 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X