300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are My Chances?

So, this has been rolling around back and forth in my head for a long time, and some professional help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back in 2013, when I was 20 years old, I had the unfortunate experience of working for CVS Pharmacy. I was there for about a year when I was fired for theft. The amount was somewhere around $1500. There were no charges filed, I paid back the amount in full, and I am not eligible for rehire.

A little more about me:

- Currently 26 years old.
    - I have had 4 jobs total, CVS being the only one I was fired from.
    - I currently work for a well respected private security company in the vehicle patrol division.
    - I was promoted to a supervisor role in August of 2017, helping to watch over the 20+ people in our division.
    - Never been arrested.
    - Worst things law wise on my record are years old traffic violations.
    - Open Carry/ Baton/OC/Taser Certified.

Will my termination from CVS kill my chances of being hired by a department?

Originally posted by gcody4702 View Post
    So, this has been rolling around back and forth in my head for a long time, and some professional help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back in 2013, when I was 20 years old, I had the unfortunate experience of working for CVS Pharmacy. I was there for about a year when I was fired for theft. The amount was somewhere around $1500. There were no charges filed, I paid back the amount in full, and I am not eligible for rehire.

A little more about me:

- Currently 26 years old.
    - I have had 4 jobs total, CVS being the only one I was fired from.
    - I currently work for a well respected private security company in the vehicle patrol division.
    - I was promoted to a supervisor role in August of 2017, helping to watch over the 20+ people in our division.
    - Never been arrested.
    - Worst things law wise on my record are years old traffic violations.
    - Open Carry/ Baton/OC/Taser Certified.

Will my termination from CVS kill my chances of being hired by a department?
    At age 20 you stole $1500? I can't see you getting hired in Law Enforcement. Here that is Felony Theft
    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

It sounds like CVS's experience with you is more "unfortunate" than your experience with them. We would boot you from the process as soon as we found out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post

At age 20 you stole $1500? I can't see you getting hired in Law Enforcement. Here that is Felony Theft
        Yep

Theft while in a position of authority (working for a company while stealing from the company)...........Not going to happen
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

So there wouldn't be anything I could do to better my chances? Not a glimmer of hope?

Comment

Steals over $1500 and now works security. That’s just special...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Aerohead
              Aerohead commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm amazed he even got hired in security. Must be a really crappy contract company that hires anyone with a pulse and pays barely above minimum wage.

Originally posted by gcody4702
            ...I was there for about a year when I was fired for theft. The amount was somewhere around $1500.Will my termination from CVS kill my chances of being hired by a department?
            No, your termination from CVS won't kill your chances. But the fact that you stole $1,500 from an employer will. In my state that's a third degree felony carrying a prison sentence of 3 to 5 years and up to a $15,000 fine.

Originally posted by gcody4702 View Post
            So there wouldn't be anything I could do to better my chances? Not a glimmer of hope?
            Sure there is. Just walk into a police station and steal an officer's badge and gun. That's what you do when you want something that doesn't belong to you, right? ​​​​​​​

Comment

If i was the one thumbing through a fat stack of applications, yours would be thrown in the shredder. Sorry, but no.

Comment

AFAIK $1500 would be felony theft in every state in the union. Getting fired is not the issue. Most agencies have a policy that if you’ve committed any act that would be a felony is an auto DQ.

Comment

More than likely it will. Who knows, maybe 1, 15, 20 years down the line, maybe

Comment

Not a chance, maybe if you go to Mexico you can become an officer.

Comment

If I'm reading my states requirements (they are statewide) the wording is "committed" not "charged," so here you'd be an automatic DQ. You committed felony level theft while in a trusted position.

Comment

Be happy you have a job in your current field. Since you have worked you way up to a supervisory position you might want to consider furthering your education and working your way into management. Unfortunately for you that “bump in the road” is a literal career killer for LE. The only way you might get around it is by getting on at a small, at will, “brother in law” department.

Comment

It wasn't just theft, it was embezzlement. Stealing while in a position of trust. Could be a Brady issue so I would say you are done.

Comment

$1500?!? No way. Not a chance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11559 users online. 376 members and 11183 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X