300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJDOC hiring regarding residency

Hello all, I tried to find an answer to this but didn't find one. I took the civil service exam in August of 2016 and November of 2017 I moved out of state to CA. I got the job offer for njdoc a few weeks ago and have been scheduled for phase 1 and 2 on July 23rd. Will I still be able to get hired with NJDOC being that my residence is now in CA? I plan on moving back to Jersey if i get accepted. However, I dont know if they consider me a NJ or CA resident because it's only been 8 months since I moved here.I still have a residence in NJ, but my physical address is the one here in CA. Also, I changed my address with the CSC and they mailed my cert to the CA address. And when replying to the initial offer email from DOC, I explained my living situation and they didn't give any type of response to it and just sent me the info and paperwork for phase 1 and 2. Hopefully someone has an answer, thank you in advance!

Why don't you CALL the NJDOC employment office or Human Resources office and ask them?
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I would but they specifically wrote DO NOT CALL and said all inquiries have to be in writing via email. Which I did, and they didn't give me an answer. I've also called the custody recruitment phone number multiple times and left voicemails and got nothing back. Trust me, I exhausted all options I saw available before posting here.

Comment

Well you probably aren't going to get an answer here since I don't think anybody on the forum is from NJDOC

I would march my little body down to the DOC central office or to any of the HR offices at ANY of the prisons and ask a real life person
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

No, I've seen a few posts (some quite recent) that were answered by NJDOC officers so hoping one of them can answer. And yes, I'll be flying my little body from CA to NJ when I go for my scheduled phase 1 & 2 in a week and will obviously ask them then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kumar817 View Post
            No, I've seen a few posts (some quite recent) that were answered by NJDOC officers so hoping one of them can answer. And yes, I'll be flying my little body from CA to NJ when I go for my scheduled phase 1 & 2 in a week and will obviously ask them then.
            well I guess you have all the answers..................good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11967 users online. 395 members and 11572 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X