300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adderall useage

Hey guys, here is my question. I was prescribed adderall in college because I was just fed up of not "reataining" anything I would read or write etc. It was the most amazing thing ever, my gpa went up a full point to over a 3.0. I would read a whole book and remember EVERYTHING. I only used it that year, and I haven't since. Lately I have been trying to read more, study more for law enforcement etc. My Doctor says there are A LOT of people in the business world that take it, and NEED it. My question is; would this be a reason for a DQ? It's not an anti-depresent or anything, but I just don't know how it would be viewed. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

It shouldn't hurt you (assuming it was legitimate prescription, which it sounds like it was). However, be sure to be honest about it.

Comment

It was legitimate, my gpa was proof. I didn't study any harder or longer, it just amazingly made me comprehend things much easier and kept me much more focus. Is it really a "bad drug" in the eyes of the law or BI's? I have had PM's stating they were dq'd because it's an amphetemine. Is that because they were taking it illegally? I didn't think it was that bad.

Comment

The opinion as to whether or not it will count against you is somewhat subjective; some agencies may not like it, some may not look twice at it.

However, I really don't think it's going to hurt you as bad as you think. It was a legitimate prescription. It helps that you're no longer on it.

Comment

It wont count against you, but it will show up on drug screenings, so have a perscription. Also if you need it, stay on it. I would say the on again, off again looks bad.

Comment

Well I was on it for my senior year of college, and haven't been since 03. But talking to my Doctor he said that most of the adult world needs some form of the medicine. I just find it's very hard to stay focused and retain information that I am reading. I don't want to get back on it if it will look bad, as I haven't been on it for 4/5 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6346 users online. 377 members and 5969 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X