300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad will this affect me? (NYPD)

I am 18 and recently took the NYPD exam and did well on it. I have a clean background besides the fact that i smoked marijuana twice 6 years ago. The main concern i have is when i got my license, i never knew there was a 6 month probation period. I recently have gotten a speeding ticket for doing 15 over the limit and i did not realize. I tried to plead not guilty but it didnt work. I now have my license suspended for 2 months due to this. I have two traffic tickets total (speeding and electronic device) other than that, i have no criminal history or anything. I am working with the same employer for the past 3 years.

Thanks to all for checking out this post.

Edit* It is now suspended to 2 months, not 4.
    Last edited by Mike248; Yesterday, 10:52 AM.

You are 18 anyways, so you wouldn't be hired for a couple years anyway. Given the drug use and license suspension, it will be awhile before you'd get hired. You were smoking at 12?

Further your education, look into the military to regain credibility as an applicant

Comment

Originally posted by m.p.c View Post
      You are 18 anyways, so you wouldn't be hired for a couple years anyway. Given the drug use and license suspension, it will be awhile before you'd get hired. You were smoking at 12?

Further your education, look into the military to regain credibility as an applicant
      Yes, it was my freshman year of high school and i should have known better. I do understand that the minimum age is 21 for NYPD but i was just wondering if this suspension will kill my opportunity to become a candidate. I also did look into the Army and went through their process, medical, testing very smoothly. Thank you for your response.

Comment

• Lawdog138
        Lawdog138 commented
        Editing a comment
        You were a freshman in high school at the age of 12?

• Mike248
        Mike248 commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct, turning 13.

I would be applying to several agencies not just one. Though a lot of depts. require you be 20 in the Academy. At what age did you get your license?
      Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
        I would be applying to several agencies not just one. Though a lot of depts. require you be 20 in the Academy. At what age did you get your license?
        I got my license at 18 (last november), i so far applied to NYS park police and NYPD and am currently waiting on a few more exams to release.

Comment

You will get placed on a Psych hold. It’s automatic, even three years from now. Make sure you have ALL your paperwork. Keep EVERYTHING.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            You will get placed on a Psych hold. It’s automatic, even three years from now. Make sure you have ALL your paperwork. Keep EVERYTHING.
            Does that mean i will be disqualified or is there a chance it will get passed me or up to my BI? THank you for the response, i will keep all paperwork.

Comment

It means that during your process, you will be put on a hold. It’s all moot right now as you won’t process for another three years.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Time is your best friend. You have a few years before they even call you to process.

They will ask about this and your drug use during your investigation. Candor is key. Tell the truth and don’t make excuses; they don’t like excuses.

Keep your nose clean, consider military, college, and/or learning a second or third language to stand out from other applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by BP3 View Post
                  Time is your best friend. You have a few years before they even call you to process.

They will ask about this and your drug use during your investigation. Candor is key. Tell the truth and don’t make excuses; they don’t like excuses.

Keep your nose clean, consider military, college, and/or learning a second or third language to stand out from other applicants.
                  Thank you, i will definitely stay out of trouble and do whatever i can to prolong it until i get called.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5904 users online. 207 members and 5697 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X