Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashville Metro Question

Good evening all,

I am a current full time law enforcement officer in a city of approximately 300,000 in Texas. I am considering moving my family from Texas to TN, thus applying for Nashville Metro PD.

I have called the recruiter and got a few questions answered (no lateral academy/academy not live in). But i have a couple questions that an officer in Nashville May be better suited to answer.

***Noted: I have not applied yet and understand the hiring process is extensive. I’m still in the considering a move stages and would like more info to complete my thought process**

My basic questions:
    1) Quality of being a street cop: Is leadership solid and the work efficient?
    -I have great leadership currently and hear great things about Nashville Metro, but it doesn’t hurt to get a street cop’s point of view.
    2) Are there 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts?
    3) Plentiful OT opportunity?
    4) Ability to progress into specialized units?

Ive read nothing but great things about this department. I have already come to terms of taking a pay cut and starting at the bottom if this department accepts me as an applicant. My long term plans are going to be in TN regardless, but I would like to remove some of the unknowns before i make this leap. I really like the idea of a metro compared to a standard city.

Thanks for the help, and please feel free to add anything else that may be relevant or interesting!

You'll probably have better luck in the TN sub forum.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10828 users online. 396 members and 10432 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X