300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 concerns

Okay. So i'm currently in the hiring process for my department here in New Jersey, and i just want to prepare for the upcoming questions on either orientation or application that may effect me.

1. I was once picked up as a Juvenile back when i was 15/16 for taking a Bike out of a backyard, although its considered "Theft" I was told by the Judge it would be expunge as long as i wrote him a letter explaining to him why it was a mistake and what did i learn from it. will that still be something i putt down on the application and be transparent about?

2. I once helped Post Bail for a relative of a Friend. Although i was against it, i ended up giving in and helping him during the situation. Is that also something that can comeback and hunt me in anyway, as a possible cause for concern to them? Thank You.

Originally posted by miigz_27 View Post
    Okay. So i'm currently in the hiring process for my department here in New Jersey, and i just want to prepare for the upcoming questions on either orientation or application that may effect me.

1. I was once picked up as a Juvenile back when i was 15/16 for taking a Bike out of a backyard, although its considered "Theft" I was told by the Judge it would be expunge as long as i wrote him a letter explaining to him why it was a mistake and what did i learn from it. will that still be something i putt down on the application and be transparent about?

2. I once helped Post Bail for a relative of a Friend. Although i was against it, i ended up giving in and helping him during the situation. Is that also something that can comeback and hunt me in anyway, as a possible cause for concern to them? Thank You.
    1. Definitely report the theft to them! Even if it has been expunged there is still ways of discovering this juvenile arrest / detention.

2. Although it's not illegal or wrong to bond someone out of jail they may want to know about it. Some departments want to know about ANY associations with criminals. It's not an automatic DQ but they may want you to cut ties with such friends or associates once you get hired.
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
    President Jefferson Davis

Comment

• miigz_27
      miigz_27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You for your help Sir. Will definitely be honest about everything!

Answer the questions that are asked.

Comment

Hey friend, be forthcoming about everything. None of the two incidents that you mentioned will DQ you or hinder you. Mainly the bike incident. People think that because something is exsponged that it can’t be seen. Well that’s not the case. The details may be exsponged but the question that most law enforcements ask during background is started with the phrase “have you ever”. To not disclose something is called “ lying by ommison. “. Most people are disqualified not because of the incident itself but failure to be forthcoming about it. That incident was long ago. I don’t foresee any problem

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10821 users online. 396 members and 10425 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X