Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age?

Hi Everyone,

I am 32 years old and just started the process with a few different agencies here in SoCal. I have worked in the mortgage industry for the past 6 years and I have a college degree but no military. Here's my question: Do I have an advantage/disadvantage over some of the younger applicants? It seems like most people applying are in their low 20s. I would like to think that life experience would be attractive to a department, but I dont know. Thanks!

you would have some advantage because you're more maturer with job experience... age don't matter when it comes to the process...

i had couple recuirts your age in my class... as long as you can hang it's all good.. i also had some younger ( 19-20 yr old) recuirts that could have used some more maturing.
    Last edited by ask80; 04-09-2007, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I am by no means a LEO yet so please forgive me, but as I've seen in the agency I am currently in the Academy for, most of the "Rookies" that are FT now are between the ages of 27-35. Three of the students in our class are 30+. I believe that you, indeed, have a great advantage as far as life experience goes over some of the younger fellows but as ask80 mentioned the process is all the same regardless of age. I would say go for it anyway. All they can say is "No".

Comment

I went thru at 35/36 and had no problems. I actually enjoyed competing and mixing it up with some of the younger guys.

We had 6-8 30+
        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6060 users online. 353 members and 5707 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X