Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Closely do Departments Adhere to Eligibility Lists

Hey Everyone,

The department I've applied to is a civil service agency that hires applicants off of an eligibility list. I am a former explorer at this department and have some ties to the agency. My question is, in your experience how far do departments typically stray from an eligibility list if they have a particular applicant that they would like to at least interview? Obviously this could vary greatly between departments but in your general experience how closely is an eligibility list adhered to?

Thanks,
    2525E6

If they are civil service, they have to abode by the list. However, if the have the rule of three, (or rule of five, or rule of whatever) they can use that to get what they want if the person is reachable within the rule.

OTOH, if they are an "at will" agency, the list may be meaningless. .
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      If they are civil service, they have to abode by the list. However, if the have the rule of three, (or rule of five, or rule of whatever) they can use that to get what they want if the person is reachable within the rule.

OTOH, if they are an "at will" agency, the list may be meaningless. .
      Read this several times
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The short answer is that they have to follow the list. There are some things they can do to try and get to someone but for the most part, they stick to the list.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6522 users online. 212 members and 6310 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X