Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed please.

Hey guys,

I'm in a dilemma here. I'm a senior in HS who got accepted to John Jay College of Criminal Jusitce. I also enlisted in the Marines. I still have to make a decision whether to go active or not. What is the best option to go through to get a job in LE.

Option 1: Go active for 4 years, come back, use the Veterans Status to get on the top of the list in the Civil Service exam or use military background to get LE job.

Option 2: Go Marine Reserve. Go to John Jay for 2 or 4 years. Apply to some departments and cross some fingers.

I was thinking going Reserve then going alternate route, but i think it's way too risky.

Can i get some help please, Thanks.

-Dan

As anyone would tell you, that decision is yours to make. However, if it were me, I would go do the school first and then apply. It keeps your options open while you are young and you can see first hand in school if it is something you want to do. If afterwards you are waiting on getting hired or whatever or want to go do the Marine route, go for it.

Military doesn't always promise you will get hired even though it is respected. Neither does the education but like I said, it leaves options open.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5162 users online. 332 members and 4830 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X