300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capitol Police (First Department)

I was wondering if the Capitol Police would be a good place to start a career in law enforcement? I plan on appying soon but was hoping to get some advice on whether or not this would be a good place to start.

Also is it difficult to transfer from a job like the Capitol Police to a local agency?

Would I have to do the Academy all over again?

Thanks in advance,
    Recon
    Go ahead run from a police officer you will have plenty of rest in prison!!!

i think any type of LE experience would be a great start, whether federal, state,county local ... PD, SO, state trooper, Probation, parole, federal police, etc.... as long as you get your foot in... i believe most federal academies won't transfer to other non-federal agencies (like PD or SO). you learn federal law in the academy for federal LE. you learn state laws in a PD or SO academy... i believe most federal police (capitol, supreme court, FBI) are more security-type positions. i just visited DC and saw the capital police patrolling around the proximity and manning gates and standing around the capitol building... i would think it's a little boring but i don't know the job. i think the US Park Police do more enforcement type of stuff.

but just get your foot in any LE agency...

Comment

Thanks,

So it would be a lot easier to transfer to another department because of the experience with the department right?

I was told by a recruiter that it wouldnt help me but it wouldnt hurt me either.

Thanks again
      Go ahead run from a police officer you will have plenty of rest in prison!!!

Comment

i doubt you could lateral transfer from a fed agency to a local agency. but i think the experience would help you in the process.

Comment

You can lateral from Capitol to many depts. but you will likely have to take a 8 week comparitve compliance class on local laws.

Many are doing that right now into Maryland
          Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

A guy in my class of the New Castle County Academy was former capitol police...went to the federal Academy down in Georgia, and NCCPD didn't take his pre-certification, so he had to do the full 28-week local academy.

From what he said, the Capitol Police is a pretty low-speed boring job...lots of traffic enforcement and building security.
            -Mike
            The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5245 users online. 267 members and 4978 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X