Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting game

Hey ladies and gentlemen,
    I'm new to the forum and would like some advice from anyone and everyone that has been through the process, I'm in the middle of the selection process for Roanoke city pd here in Virginia, and this has been a long painful process as most of you know. I waited for a couple months to get to the background interview, then a couple months more to even start the background, now after taking the dreaded poly, I know have to get selected again to the oral boards. I'm sure this is normal, however, my question is how did everyone deal with trying to be patient and what did everyone do during that time? Where there specific things you did to prepare or even help your chances of getting selected to go to the oral board interview?

Originally posted by Badge&ink View Post
    however, my question is how did everyone deal with trying to be patient and what did everyone do during that time?
    You don't have much choice but to be patient..........................You learn that after a few declines and disqualifcations

You plan your next move
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thank you for that......I understand, I'm having to learn that slowly through this process

Comment

Do some ride alongs if you're able and stay out of trouble in the mean time. Start learning geography and study your state's criminal code.
        Last edited by hpclayto; 04-24-2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Thank you I will look into the ride alongs

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8368 users online. 365 members and 8003 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X