X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Military Police

The Alabama Dept of Public safety would require you to complete the twenty six week basic Academy, plus an additional ten week FTO process at the post you're assigned to.

Leave a comment:

• ask80
    replied
    I think most places you would have to go in as a recruit and goto a regular academy. at least the experience will help you. but I doubt they teach you about the local laws and other issues in the MP academy.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by lsarge442
    Does anyone know if you were in the military and were an MP if that academy you go to would make you considered an experienced officer and would you still be required to go through the local academy?
    I believe FL and TX allow Active Duty Army MPs (not sure about the other branches) to challenge the POST test.....and by-pass an academy or take a reduced academy......

But, with some agencies, you may not have a choice. They may require you to attend an academy no matter what your experience is......

Having gone through both MP School and a POST Certified Academy....my advice is to go through the Academy....as MP School is lagging in a lot of areas.....

Just my nickle......
    Last edited by Bearcat357; 04-05-2007, 03:52 PM. Reason: spelling issues.....

Leave a comment:

• lsarge442
    started a topic Military police

Military police

Does anyone know if you were in the military and were an MP if that academy you go to would make you considered an experienced officer and would you still be required to go through the local academy?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2876 users online. 200 members and 2676 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X