300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are hair reqs constant?

I was wondering if anyone knew whether the hair-length and maintenance aspect of the dress code in law enforcement is consistant in all states, and between US and Canada. Is it possible some may have stricter requirements than others, so if you transferred jobs you might need to cut it shorter?

I also notice both in police and military that every guy I've seen has almost a buzz cut, and while some girls do too, a lot have long hair tied into a bun and stuff. Is this just a demographic sort of thing or are there often separate dress code guidelines for different genders?

There will ALWAYS be grooming standards in LE. For women, its a safety issue and most will be required to have their hair pinned up in a bun or equal. For men, generally, its a style we are used to, love, and its uniform. At least thats why we all have our hair like we do in my department... Only the older guys have any hair... Ironic if you think about it

Comment

Hair Regs

Hair and grooming standards vary from agency to agency. For example, the Alabama Dept of Public Safety does not allow mustaches for uniformed officers, the Montgomery Police Dept allows neatly trimmed mustaches. Quite a few male officers opt for military style haircuts. That makes sense as many are guard and reserve members.

Comment

Aspiring LEO here, but had to say:

No mustaches!

Now, I've heard everything.
        Mister rabbit says, "A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

Comment

Originally posted by knox
          Aspiring LEO here, but had to say:

No mustaches!

Now, I've heard everything.
          The aviators and mustaches had to go sometime! Let's not relive the 80's

tyciol: I see you're in Ontario. Yes there are grooming standards and they vary from service to service. To generalize it as best as I can. Clean cut (no dog the bounty hunters here....unless you're UC), clean shaven or mustache, beard, etc (still has to be maintained) and so on.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3405 users online. 171 members and 3234 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X