300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unintentional theft

when I was 17 I accidently stole a magazine from a store. What happened was I went into a store with a few friends and we were looking around. I picked up one of those car shopper type magazines and started looking at it. I then decided I wanted it, so I just walked out with it. I didnt know I had to pay for it or anything. I didnt realize until later that I had actually stolen it. I remember in another thread about the guy that was being DQed for stealing a $2 keychain and now I'm a little worried about it. I've also read in threads about going to the store and paying for what I took, but it was 4 years ago and I dont even remember what store it was. So, my question is: because I didnt steal it purposely, would that generally mitigate what I did? I'm definitely going to disclose it to every pd I apply for. thanks a lot guys.

as long as you are upfront about it, it shouldn't be a problem... IMO

Comment

Just be honest. I know what you mean like the AutoTraders, those are so easy to think they are free. You should be fine! Good luck

Comment

Mention it to the BI, or on the polygraph. I don't see it as a problem, as long as you're up front about it.

Comment

I know what you mean by "accidentally stealing" it, but actually there is no such thing. Theft requires an intent to steal. If you thought that it was a free paper (and there are several such free papers) then no crime occured. I would go back and pay for it, yes even years later. And fully disclose what happened to a background investigator.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

What slowdown said; be honest and go back and pay for it. I did the same thing when I was about 8, and I went back and paid for it as a teenager.

If you write something down they don't need to hear, odds are it won't hurt you. If you fail to write something down they did need to hear, you're disqualified.

Comment

thanks a lot guys...I feel a lot better now. what about the bike I stole from wal-mart, the guy I mugged in an alley last week, the pot I smoke everyday, and the coke I snort? would that dq me? I really hope not.

p.s. I'm just kidding.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3341 users online. 212 members and 3129 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X