300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you Hire?..

Ok, I'm making this thread to hopefully get some insight in how multiple people feel, I know there's bound to be a few BIs, Lts, Sgts, and review board officers here. So my question is with my qualifications and short comings would you hire.

***** Short Comings - As follows
    - Failure to stop at accident
    - Driver Fails to provide req info/aid at scene of accident
    - Vehicle Unlawful Acts
    - Operate Vehicle without insurance
    - Offical Miscondunt
    (**Charged, Never convicted [all one incident)]

*******Qualifications
    - EVOC operators certification
    - CPR/AED certified
    - Traffic Collision/Accident Investigations
    - Advanced Military Police School
    - Department of Defense Criminal Investigation Course
    - Department of Defense Military Workding Dog Handler
    - (AED) Antiterrorism Evasive Driving Certification
    - Department of Defense (SRT) Special Reaction Team certification
    - Honorable Discharge

****** I have been civilian law enforcement Police FT/Deputy Reserve, I know most military training has no bearing when it comes to civilian law enforcement

*** I'll also note that, while the short comings seem vast they were all one incident and were taken care of BEST I knew how and BEST I could at the time. I have nothing on my record other than that one incident.

ALCON - I am looking for brutal honesty from any and everyone, hopefully I get some higher ups that can say "HELL no I wouldn't risk it" or "I think I would have to look further into it to decide" but ANY and ALL input is welcome and greatly appreciated. If there are any questions I will answer best I can (in the process of moving)

Thanks In advance.

Originally posted by LawBoy252 View Post
    Ok, I'm making this thread to hopefully get some insight in how multiple people feel, I know there's bound to be a few BIs, Lts, Sgts, and review board officers here. So my question is with my qualifications and short comings would you hire.

- Vehicle Unlawful Acts

Your traffic history shows an awful lot of disregard of the traffic laws I don't know how old they are but troubling

- Offical Miscondunt
    BIG FLAG......................................

*** I'll also note that, while the short comings seem vast they were all one incident and were taken care of BEST I knew how and BEST I could at the time. I have nothing on my record other than that one incident.
    Background Incidents really are not judged by how they were 'taken care of"
    They are judged by the conduct of the applicant at the time of the incident. In other words WHAT YOU DID not how you mitigated the problem later.

Your "qualifications " stated would make an agency take a good look at you as a possible employee...................I have no idea what effect your "oh ****" moment will have on a hiring decision .That would all depend on the agency specific rules, the interview panel, your answers at the interview level ,as well as the decision of the chief / sheriff as to his/her trust level.

It's going to be a toss up
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 02-04-2018, 04:53 PM.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

- Vehicle Unlawful Acts
      - Offical Miscondunt

*******Qualifications
      - EVOC operators certification
      - CPR/AED certified
      - Traffic Collision/Accident Investigations
      - Advanced Military Police School
      - Department of Defense Criminal Investigation Course
      - Department of Defense Military Workding Dog Handler
      - (AED) Antiterrorism Evasive Driving Certification
      - Department of Defense (SRT) Special Reaction Team certification
      - Honorable Discharge

****** I have been civilian law enforcement Police FT/Deputy Reserve, I know most military training has no bearing when it comes to civilian law enforcement

ALCON - I am looking for brutal honesty from any and everyone, hopefully I get some higher ups that can say "HELL no I wouldn't risk it" or "I think I would have to look further into it to decide" but ANY and ALL input is welcome and greatly appreciated. If there are any questions I will answer best I can (in the process of moving)

Thanks In advance.
      Please explain to us what exactly happened with that one incident you refer to as your "short comings". A list of bullet points doesn't tell us much.

Comment

I'd need to hear more about the official misconduct charge as well as how long ago it was. There is a huge difference between a 16 year old with a 2 day old license panicking and driving away and calling mommy for advice versus a trained and experienced person in an official capacity.

Comment

• LawBoy252
          LawBoy252 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was off duty, I gave all my information at the scene of the accident, went back to my vehicle and radioed for EMS (which they denied) and even let her take a picture of my license. I went to work the next day and was confronted by the sheriff department.

I'm really confused by this. So you were off-duty but had a radio. Was this your personal radio, agency issued portable or were you operating an agency vehicle? Who's "they" that denied EMS? Did you wait around for the police to arrive? Did you immediately contact a supervisor and advise them that you had been involved in a departmental if it was an agency vehicle?

Comment

Why did you leave the scene? Sounds like a typical accident. You have great creds but that accident is a problem.
          Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

There is a whole lot more to this...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

OP, do your incident reports leave everybody guessing as to what actually happened?

If you want our opinions...you'll have to provide us with all the pertinent information. Otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time.

Comment

This is like pulling hen's teeth.
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                  This is like pulling hen's teeth.
                  Yep, and if I were in the hiring process, given the limited info and the fact that I'd have to cross examine the OP for a full account, he'd be DQ'ed.
                  I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

You're obviously lacking intelligence if you think a hiring process would go anything like this. This is a FORUM so don't try and equate it to actual life, i take my FULL academy load into a department and let them know up front the ins and outs of all litigation in its entirety. It's as you say (like pulling teeth) because this is online and I have a life, I don't sit and monitor this all day. But thanks for your LESS than helpful feedback. I'll keep responding to people who are actually trying to figure things out.

Comment

You're obviously lacking intelligence if you think a hiring process would go anything like this. This is a FORUM so don't try and equate it to actual life, i take my FULL academy load into a department and let them know up front the ins and outs of all litigation in its entirety.
                      Fair enough. They are also the only ones who'll be able to answer your question, "Will you hire me?"

It's as you say (like pulling teeth) because this is online and I have a life, I don't sit and monitor this all day.
                      ... and yet you somehow found time in your busy schedule to come here and insult some well-respected longtime forum members.

But thanks for your LESS than helpful feedback. I'll keep responding to people who are actually trying to figure things out.
                      You're welcome.

Comment

You're obviously lacking intelligence if you think a hiring process would go anything like this. This is a FORUM so don't try and equate it to actual life, i take my FULL academy load into a department and let them know up front the ins and outs of all litigation in its entirety. It's as you say (like pulling teeth) because this is online and I have a life, I don't sit and monitor this all day. But thanks for your LESS than helpful feedback. I'll keep responding to people who are actually trying to figure things out.
                        You got what you deserved.

Shinebox out.
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

but ANY and ALL input is welcome and greatly appreciated.
                          obviously not

You're obviously lacking intelligence if you think a hiring process would go anything like this. This is a FORUM so don't try and equate it to actual life, i take my FULL academy load into a department and let them know up front the ins and outs of all litigation in its entirety.
                          We only know what you tell us.....................then we use our collective knowledge ( about 120 yrs of service from what I can tell from knowing the backgrounds of the posters answering ) of law enforcement and law enforcement hiring ........to give you input as to your situation.
                          It's as you say (like pulling teeth) because this is online and I have a life, I don't sit and monitor this all day. But thanks for your LESS than helpful feedback. I'll keep responding to people who are actually trying to figure things out.
                          How do you expect us ............who only know about you by what you type...........to give you ANY feedback if you don't tell us everything when asking if the situation is going to hurt you.

You give us words like .......

- Vehicle Unlawful Acts
                          - Offical Miscondunt
                          ........Which should tingle the senses of ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER..........much less an ADMINISTRATOR who is trying to decide to hire someone.

I hope you realize that the "OFFICIAL MISCONDUCT" charge alone raises so many red flags that a lot of agencies will toss your application in the round file without further review. That phrase is so damning in law enforcement that it is almost always a death sentence.

The first thought I had was BRADY vs MARYLAND......................

Like I said in my first response to you .......................your "pluses" (or qualifications) will get your application noticed and put up for consideration but your "problems" will probably make you a toss up in the hiring pile

There are just too many questions that would have to be answered because no Chief or Sheriff wants to hire the next Drew Peterson.

If your response to this forum is any indicator of your true character............................I sure wouldn't want to hire you based on that alone

OH.................AND DO YOU WANT TO EVEN GUESS HOW MANY TIMES THE DECISION TO HIRE IS BASED ON A "FEELING" ?. There are so many applicants now days with excellent to perfect backgrounds that more times than not that a "tie breaker" is necessary.

By the way BUCK-OO ................. you are the one who came to us...........I can't recall anyone begging you to register on the site to ask questions. If you don't like the answers you are getting here..................the door opens both ways (in and out)

In memory of a couple of our former long time posters who are no longer with us.....................

..Have the best day ever Skippy
                          Last edited by Iowa #1603; 02-10-2018, 07:33 AM.
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3365 users online. 179 members and 3186 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X