300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support

Would it look bad to a department if I were paying child support, on time of course?

My girlfriend and I are having an issue getting daycare vouchers because between the two of us they feel that we either 'make too much money' (based on an incorrectly filled out form that my dumb boss sent in) or that I 'don't go to school enough to need vouchers' (7 Credit Hours currently, in addition to next semester's 9 to round out my associate's). If my girlfriend files as a single mother, then I would be forced, by the state, to pay her child support. This would be no problem because I would essentially be writing a check to myself every month. However, we don't want to go this route if any of this would be looked upon badly by an BIs that I may deal with in the next series of months.

Thanks.

I really dont see that as being a problem. I too am in the same boat as yourself with the whole child support situation. I wouldnt lose any sleep over it if you are supporting your child as needed.
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Caution

There is a fine line apparent in your scenario. Be careful not to cross it!!
      It's name in FRAUD.
      "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman
        There is a fine line apparent in your scenario. Be careful not to cross it!!
        It's name is FRAUD.

Thats exactly why I came here asking, frankly $180 a week isn't worth having to explain to a BI why I was defrauding a state agency.

I was sort of in the air on this whole thing especially since there is alot of gray area in our situation, but it'll probably be easier and better to just pay the money.

Thanks.

Comment

Child support

Paying court ordered child support should not be a bar to your employment with a law enforcement agency. Answer any questions relative to it, completely, and clearly. Do not get behind on it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2615 users online. 126 members and 2489 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X