300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was fired. Need Advice/Help

I was fired from my job thursday morning, which I was at for a little over two years. My boss said that I wasnt making the company money anymore And he couldnt work with my schedule which wouldnt have changed until June. I know that there is more to that story, but thats not the point. I was wondering if there would be anything within the local sheriff's department I could get hired to do. I am hoping to be in the Academy when it starts up in mid June. I would be taking night classes, but its hard to find someone to hire you with the schedule. The academy I will hopefully be attending is the night academy, and they run 4:45 until 10:00pm and all day Saturday. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Originally posted by ant_kem
    I was wondering if there would be anything within the local sheriff's department I could get hired to do. I am hoping to be in the Academy when it starts up in mid June. I would be taking night classes, but its hard to find someone to hire you with the schedule.

Anthony,

I'd recommend you check the Human Resources department of your local Sheriff's Office for current job openings. After all, none of us really know what you're trained to do...except for not making money of course

I appears as if your current schedule doesn't offer very much flexibility. Generally speaking, if you go to work for some type of a LE agency, you'll be required to work their schedule, not yours.
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Well, I was a driver in the military, 7 ton and Hummers. I was recently fired from a drilling job, where we drilled hole and took soil samples for bridges, roadways, and buildings. But thats not something I want to go back to. I was hoping to find something maybe within the police department. I have applied there and am waiting to hear back from them. If not the academy is next, and it is right down the road from the department. I will call human resources tomorrow and see. Thanks

Comment

Try working security, It may not pay high enough, but you could use your GI Bill while in the academy, hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sm0kin3053
          Try working security, It may not pay high enough, but you could use your GI Bill while in the academy, hope this helps.
          I was actually thinking about that. I am looking into getting my class D security liscense. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I'm not trying to be rude but no matter where you work, provided its legal, will help more than not working and waiting to get the job you "want". A lapse in work history will draw attention in the background and you will be grilled on why you didn't pick up a job right away. Work at McDonalds or a grocery store until you find something more appealing, but find SOMETHING or ANYTHING. When you are out of work, its not about what you want, its about working right away to keep things going.

Good luck to you!

Comment

I totally understand that.

Comment

Wow, another Altamonte Springs resident! Represent!

Anyways, you could always try Sears at the Altamonte mall, I know they always need people. It's not a job at the Sheriff's office, but u can start very quickly and start making money. I worked in the Tool department and brought home about 10 an hour. However, I would suggest asking for the Lawn and Garden department because they averaged about 12-13.
                "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5034 users online. 290 members and 4744 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X