Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will BI's report undetected crimes?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will BI's report undetected crimes?

    I'm planning to 'fess up to anything and everything I can remember. So my question is, are BI's, since they are LE, obligated to report anything that has gone unpunished? I have never committed a violent crime or stolen anything. There is one thing I did 10 years ago that I consider serious, but I asked one person I know in LE and she didn't think it was that big of a deal, everyone else that I ask has a "So what?" attitude about it, but I don't know..... I am wondering what the BI's perception will be.

  • #2
    Originally posted by okapi
    I'm planning to 'fess up to anything and everything I can remember. So my question is, are BI's, since they are LE, obligated to report anything that has gone unpunished? I have never committed a violent crime or stolen anything. There is one thing I did 10 years ago that I consider serious, but I asked one person I know in LE and she didn't think it was that big of a deal, everyone else that I ask has a "So what?" attitude about it, but I don't know..... I am wondering what the BI's perception will be.


    What excatly did you do?.
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

    Comment


    • #3
      Does it matter what I did? 94 views and no other responses? No one can even give me a generic "yes we report" or "no we don't report" response?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by okapi
        Does it matter what I did? 94 views and no other responses? No one can even give me a generic "yes we report" or "no we don't report" response?
        Will it be reported to the people who make a hiring decision? Yes.

        Will it be referred to a prosecutor for criminal prosecution? Depends on what you did, and when. So yes, it does matter what you did.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by okapi
          Does it matter what I did? 94 views and no other responses? No one can even give me a generic "yes we report" or "no we don't report" response?
          Yes it does matter what you did. Details sunshine, we need details.

          Edit: SA13 beat me by about 30 seconds.
          "I assume you all have guns and crack."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by okapi
            Does it matter what I did? 94 views and no other responses? No one can even give me a generic "yes we report" or "no we don't report" response?
            Are you that guilty over what you did???
            "First of all, then we have to say the American public overwhelmingly voted for socialism when they elected President Obama." - Al Sharpton, March 21, 2010

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by okapi
              I am wondering what the BI's perception will be.

              That you lied. It will be reported. It will be found out.

              You will go to PRISON.

              lol, the prison part was a joke... or is it?

              Comment


              • #8
                Some agencies will polygraph you, based on your application. I saw a questionaire that asked questions about crimes that weren't detected or for which you were not punished.
                Bottom line; if it wasn't serious, and you are honest about it, you should be o.k.
                “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

                Miyamoto Musashi

                “Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

                George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by slamdunc
                  Bottom line; if it wasn't serious, and you are honest about it, you should be o.k.

                  Well said, Everyone has some crimes that they may have forgot about, ****ing in public for example, but will a BI really care about that? doubt it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You sold some drugs didnt you?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BlueLineBrad
                      You sold some drugs didnt you?
                      my thoughts exactly
                      "If you want forgiveness go get some religion"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by okapi
                        I'm planning to 'fess up to anything and everything I can remember. So my question is, are BI's, since they are LE, obligated to report anything that has gone unpunished? I have never committed a violent crime or stolen anything. There is one thing I did 10 years ago that I consider serious, but I asked one person I know in LE and she didn't think it was that big of a deal, everyone else that I ask has a "So what?" attitude about it, but I don't know..... I am wondering what the BI's perception will be.
                        You ought to find out the statute of limitations in your jurisidction for what you did. Despite the fact that someone told you it wasn't serious, if the SOL is more than ten years you can bet it's pretty darn serious.

                        If you don't already know, murder is the one crime without a SOL. So unless you did that, there's a good chance that what you did cannot be prosecuted. Do yourself a favor and find out.


                        "Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 3315 users online. 162 members and 3153 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X