300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background interview

Tomorrow I have my background interview, fingerprints and essay with the investigator.I have already passed the written exam, physical testing and board interview. Obviously a background interview is about my background and background investigation, but what specifically should i be expecting and how should i handle everything...other than being open and honest. The background investigation is complete (pending interview). The other question would be..... what are my chances of getting the job at this point? A few more steps to go but how much should I read into things at this point.

How can your background investigation have been completed if they have yet to take your fingerprints?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by slcool
      L-1......Question....Is the phrase " No News Is Good News" is a good sign when it involves the background investigator not contacting the candidate for anymore information needed? Its been a week since I met with my investigator and given him copies of documents needed. After this, Im looking for either an email, letter, or call from The Department of Public Safety for a conditional offer or :thanks and no thanks " letter etc etc.
      If you don't hear anything, you are still somewhere in the process.

Traditionally after the background, the next step is for you to receive a letter saying either your are offered employment subject to you satisfactorily completing the medical and psych, or we regret that you have been disqualified, or we have opted to go with candidates that are more qualified than yourself (candidates that have not been disqualified)..

The process at this point is like dropping a first class letter in the mail box. The post office does not notify you every time the letter changes hands in post offices, at sorting stations, on transportation vehicles or when its given to the carrier for delivery. You put it in the mail box and it gets there when it gets there,

Comment

Yes, as part of the conditional offer. Under Federal law (The Americans with Disabilities Act) the medical and psych cannot be administered except in connect with a bona fide offer of employment. So, they come at the end, after all the other screening has taken place, you have successfully passed all the testing phases and competitively scored high enough to be offered a job. That's when the letter comes saying you are offered employment, subject to your passing the medical and psych.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4802 users online. 232 members and 4570 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X