Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Unless you're prepared to be totally honest concerning your situation, you can pretty well count on being DQ'd. The DQ won't neccessarily come from your working in the U.S. illegally, but from not being fully up front concerning it.

Leave a comment:

• yesyesyes
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowDownThere
    Your biggest "crime" is that you worked while here.

Hmmm, I can think of a lot of people who should commit such an offense.
    I do see this as a problem for you at all.

Well I feel so guilty about working here when I shouldn't have that during my my first background interview I kept thinking they were going to call INS on me!!!! But it actually went very well. So far so good!!

Leave a comment:

• SlowDownThere
    replied
    Your biggest "crime" is that you worked while here.

Hmmm, I can think of a lot of people who should commit such an offense.
    I do see this as a problem for you at all.

Leave a comment:

• yesyesyes
    replied
    Originally posted by NavCop22
    Okay, If you came here the right way and didnt stay longer than you should of then why werent you allowed to get a job??. Did you get one of those visas that restrict you from working??. A little confused here.

Another thing too is that you are talking from LA. LA is known to be a third world cesspool with gangs and so on. So saying you worked illegally and all and especially being in LA sounds a little too typical.

Yes, I was on one of those visas with restrictions.

About your second point, I've just moved to California from where you are, so I wasn't even in LA when I did what I did.

Leave a comment:

• NavCop22
    replied
    Originally posted by yesyesyes
    I was never illegal, came to this country the right way, and never stayed longer that I was allowed. I wasn't allowed to get a job. That's exactly what I did wrong. I'm US citizen now.

Okay, If you came here the right way and didnt stay longer than you should of then why werent you allowed to get a job??. Did you get one of those visas that restrict you from working??. A little confused here.

Another thing too is that you are talking from LA. LA is known to be a third world cesspool with gangs and so on. So saying you worked illegally and all and especially being in LA sounds a little too typical.

Leave a comment:

• yesyesyes
    replied
    I was never illegal, came to this country the right way, and never stayed longer that I was allowed. I wasn't allowed to get a job. That's exactly what I did wrong. I'm US citizen now.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Umm....are you legal now...?

Leave a comment:

• yesyesyes
    replied
    Originally posted by chaser266
    You see, this is the problem... It sounds like you're planning to tell part of the truth, not the whole truth. Working without papers may not be an automatic DQ, but lying probably is an automatic and permanent DQ.

I agree with you 100% and as I said in my last post I'm planning to say the whole thing. The worst thing it could happen is that they DQ me, and there's plenty of PD agencies in this area. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• chaser266
    replied
    Originally posted by yesyesyes
    Thanks a lot! I'm planing to say # 2 & 3 but I really can't involved my former employer. I don't want him to get in trouble for that. Thank you again!!!
    You see, this is the problem... It sounds like you're planning to tell part of the truth, not the whole truth. Working without papers may not be an automatic DQ, but lying probably is an automatic and permanent DQ.

Leave a comment:

• yesyesyes
    replied
    Well, we'll see I'll be honest. I'm pretty bad at lying anyway. If they're disgusted by that fact, then they shouldn't be cops. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that situation. Plus I have a clean record, no drugs, no felonies or misdemeanor, so we'll see. I'll keep you posted guys. Thank you sooo much for your support!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ask80
    replied
    Originally posted by co911
    I would be absolutely disgusted by any law enforcement agency which would hire you.

please explain why? i'm curious.

Leave a comment:

• co911
    replied
    I would be absolutely disgusted by any law enforcement agency which would hire you.

Leave a comment:

• yesyesyes
    replied
    I know this may sound crazy but can I actually get deported???? Now I'm paranoic

Leave a comment:

• yesyesyes
    replied
    Yeah but I don't want my employer to be in trouble. I can't write his info down. How do I do?

Leave a comment:

• McPhenius
    replied
    Yes, be honest. Don't sugar coat it. I agree there are many that have been in your position. I don't think you working for a year without papers would be a automatic DQ. Good Luck

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4808 users online. 311 members and 4497 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X