Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icing on the Cake

So far here's what I've done:
    Various Sports (An officer on a ride along once told me to list I played sports)
    Cub and Weblos Scouts (same guy said to mention the scouts)
    CHP Explorers (very short time)
    High School Diploma
    ROP Criminal Justice Certified
    Citizens Academy
    Martial Arts Instruction
    Associate of the Sciences Administration of Justice (2 months yay)
    **United States Coast Guard Tour, should begin this fall

But I have a good four month gap that I'm spending just getting more into shape, and I looked at the local academy schedule and PC 832 Powers of Arrest, and PC 832 Firearms & Chemicals are available, now I feel like I got enough going (then again it could just be apathy knocking on the door) but would taking these two actually help me out once I hit hiring with a dept. after I leave the military?
    The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference.

NO, none of it wll help.

Are you just trying to make conversation?
    It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Not really, I was legitimately curious that with my current run, if PC832 just be superficial icing, or the real goodies.

And you know the officer never mentioned why I should put the Sports and Scouts on my Apps, he just asked me If I did either, and I said both; He then told me to put them both down. I'm wondering why these two things will be a good addition, since he never elaborated on why.
      Last edited by Enikad; 03-26-2007, 09:52 PM. Reason: further elaboration

Comment

I am not administrator, but it seems to me that if a fellow is into sports and that sort of thing it demonstrates an ability to play well with others. this also isnt always the case. But as with all thing we are playing the odds and hoping for the best.

Stay alive and everything else will work its self out.
        It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Thanks for the support.

Comment

You have a very good resume going. The sports do show that you can work well with others. The additional classes definitely aren't going to hurt you. All the training you can get is good. I wouldn't say that those two classes are going to make the difference in whether you get hired or not. But like I said, it's not going to hurt.
            Get Local Coupons
            Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

My friend is hitting the EMS academy, I'm thinking of tagging along to that instead. Being trained in EMS will definitely enable me to be a better first responder right? Okay let me honestly rephrase that "Being trained in EMS will definitely enable me to be a more hire-able first responder right?

Dang that would suck now that I think of it, just having to stare at someone telling them, they'll be okay, help is on the way, when the whole time you're there at the right time. Yea, I think I'll do it for me.

Say, why don't they give Cops, Medical training?
              Last edited by Enikad; 03-29-2007, 01:56 AM. Reason: spelling.

Comment

Great. Now I'm craving cake. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3533 users online. 201 members and 3332 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X