Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you get asked if you have ever used drugs during the hiring process?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theeinner View Post
    I am currently a security guard no sure if that helps or not.
    That is much more of a negative than it is a positive for most people.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW1982 View Post

That is much more of a negative than it is a positive for most people.
      Out of sheer curiosity, what makes you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by ECDep13 View Post

Out of sheer curiosity, what makes you say that?
        All in all "security officers" don't have a real good reputation among most police officers.

While that is a general statement ..........the career track for Security is very often populated by wannabe's
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

All in all "security officers" don't have a real good reputation among most police officers.

While that is a general statement ..........the career track for Security is very often populated by wannabe's
          This is true. They wouldn't necessarily be bad officers, but a lot of the companies that hire them expect them to be a poor man's cop (For lack of a better way of putting it) while having no police powers, no police tools, and no police training or experience.

For example, a week ago we got called to one of our not so nice (AKA horrible) apartment complex for a group of guys that wouldn't leave the security guard there alone. The guy said he was going to pepper spray them if they didn't go away...

In another situation we had a campus safety officer for a nearby college witness one individual getting run down by two other individuals. The individual being chased flagged him down, so he let him sit in the front seat of the campus safety vehicle while he went and talked to the two "thugs" chasing him. Turns out the two guys chasing him saw him swipe a lady's purse at the store. Campus safety genius turns around and finds his car is gone. And he still wonders why he can't get hired.

Comment

Damn, and all this time I thought my previous jobs in security are what helped me get in to LE. Both places I worked real close with local LE giving look outs, info, opening buildings, etc... Never looked at myself as a wannabe because I never thought or acted like a cop. But looking back... YUUUP, definitely worked with a bunch

Comment

Damn, and all this time I thought my previous jobs in security are what helped me get in to LE. Both places I worked real close with local LE giving look outs, info, opening buildings, etc... Never looked at myself as a wannabe because I never thought or acted like a cop. But looking back... YUUUP, definitely worked with a bunch
              You're one of the few. I recall an encounter with a "security officer" who wanted to "help" my team search a condo for an armed fugitive. The individual got in the way more than assisted and at one point the fugitive nearly escaped when he locked a door that we needed to get through.

Unfortunately, many mistakenly believe that a job as a security officer or getting a CJ degree will give them an edge in the hiring process.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post

You're one of the few. I recall an encounter with a "security officer" who wanted to "help" my team search a condo for an armed fugitive. The individual got in the way more than assisted and at one point the fugitive nearly escaped when he locked a door that we needed to get through.

Unfortunately, many mistakenly believe that a job as a security officer or getting a CJ degree will give them an edge in the hiring process.
                Don't get me completely wrong................................

There are hundreds of people out there working Security that are good at their jobs and use the job as a stepping stone into law enforcement. AND end up being good cops.

Having a good job reference as a Security guard would be a positive when it comes time to evaluate a potential new hire in a Law Enforcement job. But so would a good job reference as a Geek Squad Member at Best Buy.

Like wise a CJ degree counts as a degree just like the Art History degree does ...............
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  Like wise a CJ degree counts as a degree just like the Art History degree does ...............
                  Wish I would've know this during college. Could've had my degree in Gender Studies in case my LE career fell through.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10521 users online. 422 members and 10099 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X