300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DQ Question

Brief background I am a police dispatcher with a state agency, after some time I applied to be a police officer in the same agency. Passed the written/physical/polygraph then on the same day HR called and disqualified me for two years. Prompting me at this time to mature/grow with the agency and retry in time. The person on the phone was very nice and said that there will just minor things that added up, nothing huge that really stuck out to him. (two year disqualification states otherwise).

With that said, how will this affect me when applying to other agencies? I asked a city agency about my disqualification and said that the state is a different beast of its own and disqualifies candidates for the littlest of things in my state. I'm just curious what people have to say with regards to a two year disqualification. I still have my job as a dispatcher in said agency, but yeah.

Sounds odd to me. Do you have anyone in Background and Recruitment that can give you the inside scoop on the DQ? I'd try to figure out what the 'minor things that don't add up' are. Did they think you were being less than honest? Hell, they trust you with LEOs lives (that's my opinion of Dispatchers).
    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

There sre some things that are universal disqualifiers but there are others that will vary from agency to agency. When it comes to the "other" category, every department has its own criteria for disqualification. What is a DQ for one may not be a DQ for others. What is acceptable for one may be a DQ for others. There is no "one size fits all."
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Zeitgeist Yeah I'm not too sure, I haven't really poked into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Madacol View Post
          I asked a city agency about my disqualification and said that the state is a different beast of its own and disqualifies candidates for the littlest of things in my state.
          THIS......................

It is not at all unusual to be Disqualified by one agency and passed by another

Since they told you that you can reapply after 2 yrs, it is my guess that the person was correct and you just had some things that they want to "time out" like some citations or some other "activity" that the agency has a sunlight clause on

(IE : some agencies will say 2 yrs of no citations .....or 5 yrs of no marijuana in order to be qualified .........just using those for examples)
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6375 users online. 259 members and 6116 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X