300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my BI -

Alright, so this is pretty embarrassing but if any of you guys have some insight then it'll be worth it.

I am wondering how a finding of 'neglectful supervision' from CPS, will impact my BI. (This position isn't as an officer but it is in LE and for a sheriff's dept. ) The circumstances are explainable but I don't even know if I will get the opportunity to do so. When I filled out my application and background history statement, it didn't mention that as a disqualifier but I have been told by friends(recently and after the fact) that CPS cases are one of a few things to worry about. I would have told them before I filled it out and had them put so much time in on my BI, had i known it was a possible disqualifier. I have been trying to get ahold of the investigator to let him know but as of right now I am also worried about getting into Academy. If I didn't get this job, i was going to go on my own... if i did, then hope for a sponsorship. Do i even have a shot? or have I wasted a lot of time and money on range time and school? :///

It's all going to depend on the circumstances of the situation, none of which are available to us here.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeccahmltn View Post
      Alright, so this is pretty embarrassing but if any of you guys have some insight then it'll be worth it.

I am wondering how a finding of 'neglectful supervision' from CPS, will impact my BI. (This position isn't as an officer but it is in LE and for a sheriff's dept. ) The circumstances are explainable but I don't even know if I will get the opportunity to do so. When I filled out my application and background history statement, it didn't mention that as a disqualifier but I have been told by friends(recently and after the fact) that CPS cases are one of a few things to worry about. I would have told them before I filled it out and had them put so much time in on my BI, had i known it was a possible disqualifier. I have been trying to get ahold of the investigator to let him know but as of right now I am also worried about getting into Academy. If I didn't get this job, i was going to go on my own... if i did, then hope for a sponsorship. Do i even have a shot? or have I wasted a lot of time and money on range time and school? :///
      Just because.

Comment

Things happen. Neglectful supervision can mean you allowed your child to be covered in feces or abused or it could be that your toddler wandered out of your house the second you took your eyes off of him/her and a neighbor saw the baby in your yard--stuff happens. Just depends on the circumstances. Good luck.
        Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

As stated the answer to your question will be driven by the true circumstances of the event.

"The REST of the STORY" means everything
          My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3415 users online. 239 members and 3176 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X