300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a New York State Trooper

I was speaking to a friend of mine who is taking a test to become a police officer. Out of curiousity, i wanted to take the test as well since im taking a criminal justice court. However, my friend is trying to explain to me that you cannot have ever been pulled over.

I have never been convicted of a ticket, although i've recieved a few which were all dropped or dismissed in court. He says that it doesn't matter, having a ticket is having a ticket, regardless of whether you were guilty or not? is this correct? and what are your views on this.
    2004 Satin Silver RSX Type S
    Jackson Racing Supercharged @ 15 psi
    384.3 Wheel Horsepower.
    333.2 Wheel Torque.

Originally posted by Modified Import
    However, my friend is trying to explain to me that you cannot have ever been pulled over.

He says that it doesn't matter, having a ticket is having a ticket, regardless of whether you were guilty or not? is this correct? and what are your views on this.
    I'm not from New York but .........I call Bull****!
    There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

Thats what i assumed
      384.3 Wheel Horsepower.
      333.2 Wheel Torque.

Comment

I'm not from New York either, and I call BS as well. Your friend probably just doesn't want to get one-upped by you and get a lower score. The fewer people testing = the less competition hehe. I've never heard of a department ANYWHERE at all that would DQ you for being "pulled over". Don't believe him and check it out yourself.
        I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

My BS meter is going off the scale here.
          Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

I had been pulled over 14 times before I got on the job. A couple of tickets. Only one speed though. If you plan on getting hired I would start paying attention to your driving and get rid of that CAR!
            When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

Originally posted by Ranter64
              I had been pulled over 14 times before I got on the job. A couple of tickets. Only one speed though. If you plan on getting hired I would start paying attention to your driving and get rid of that CAR!
              Where upstate do you work? if you dont mind me asking
              384.3 Wheel Horsepower.
              333.2 Wheel Torque.

Comment

If your looking for advice on becoming a Police Officer Candidate or regarding the hiring process, ignore your buddy because he is clueless. The hiring process is a complicated process involving NYS civil service law, department hiring guidelines, etc, etc,. You cant expect just anyone to know how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Modified Import
                  . However, my friend is trying to explain to me that you cannot have ever been pulled over.

Your friend is either wrong, or lying to you.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3366 users online. 150 members and 3216 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X