• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandhampd13
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2017

Allergy Medical Question

Hey everyone,

just a quick inquiry... would having a permanent food allergy cause someone to fail the medical exam?

Thanks.
  • HI629
    Mustang Sally
    • Mar 2010

Probably not. Why not contact the agency HR rather than relying on random folks on the internet?
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

• sandhampd13
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2017

I have been, I passed a few medical exams already but every department is different. Sometimes HR does not always answer your questions right away. I figured I'd pick the brains of the officers that could have possibly dealt with this issue or talked to people who have already. Thanks for your response though!

Comment

• HI629
        Mustang Sally
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by sandhampd13
        I have been, I passed a few medical exams already but every department is different. Sometimes HR does not always answer your questions right away. I figured I'd pick the brains of the officers that could have possibly dealt with this issue or talked to people who have already. Thanks for your response though!
        Keep in mind that every agency will have their own criteria, so consulting the individual agency would yield the best answer.
        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

• sandhampd13
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by HI629

Keep in mind that every agency will have their own criteria, so consulting the individual agency would yield the best answer.
          Very true! Thank you!

Comment

• Zeitgeist
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by HI629

I can't imagine it being a DQ but obviously it's a medical decision. I agree w/ HI629. Every agency is different. There are more than a few LEOs in my agency that have diabetes, but I'm told by one that some agencies will find a reason not to hire someone w/ it. Their loss, our gain.
            Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

• Iowa #1603
              Senior Veteran
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by sandhampd13
              but every department is different.
              that answers your question

There will be a different answer for each agency
              I DON'T ALWAYS LIKE BEING A RETIRED POLICE OFFICER .......Oh who the hell am I kiddingI LOVE IT. Stay safe my friends

Comment

• SmallCityCop
                Calves of Justice
                • Mar 2006

You should have no issues, we have folks with allergies. Unless you are allergic to stupid people, then you won't have a shot.
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• sandhampd13
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2017

Cool! I have my medical examination in 3 weeks, which is my final step. I appreciate all the answers! Thanks everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18641 users online. 39 members and 18602 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...