Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would high cholesterol DQ me?

CHP applicant here.

Had my medical exam last week. Still waiting to meet with the physician. The nurse informed me that everything is fine except my cholesterol is a little bit high. Would that DQ me?

I am not outweighed. I am actually pretty fit according to the Army standard. 290 APFT. Run 2 miles in 13 minutes.

Originally posted by francisco_2017 View Post
    CHP applicant here.

Had my medical exam last week. Still waiting to meet with the physician. The nurse informed me that everything is fine except my cholesterol is a little bit high. Would that DQ me?

I am not outweighed. I am actually pretty fit according to the Army standard. 290 APFT. Run 2 miles in 13 minutes.
    Yours is essentially a medical question, however, I'll hazard a guess and say probably not. That means of course, that you pass the full physical, and all other aspects of the process.

Comment

• francisco_2017
      francisco_2017 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just asked my BI. Should not be a problem. I suspect that could due to my eating habit. I was trying to get slimmer through Keto diet and I only ate broccoli and bacon during that period. I would explain to the doctor when I meet him/her.

Your cholesterol levels do factor into the physical exam, but exactly how is beyond me. While standards will vary from agency to agency, here you will find guidelines that are common to many police departments http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/...disease%20(cad)

Print them out, take them to your cardiologist and ask him how you fit within those standards. That will give you a ballpark idea as to where you stand.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• francisco_2017
      francisco_2017 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much! Your info is very helpful to determine my ability in the LEO career.

Originally posted by francisco_2017 View Post
    CHP applicant here.

It wouldn't here but I don't know about CHP. Impressive APFT score. Whether or not it's a DQ (unlikely) there are meds for this. A lot of the time it's genetic. I've taken them for years.
    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

• francisco_2017
      francisco_2017 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I talked to the nurse who is a prior service 11B. He said that having too much coffee or energy drink could cause high cholesterol. That could explain my case.
      Anyway, I called my BI and he said that is not a problem for me getting hired.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4970 users online. 315 members and 4655 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X