Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking Advice

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seeking Advice

    I recently graduated college and I received my bachelors in criminal justice. I have been trying to become an officer since I graduated , I recently passed and oral interview for a police department in Southern California. I was invited to the background process. When I submitted my packet I was asked to withdraw my application because I answer yes to a question that disqualifies me to become an officer. Living in SoCal I frequently travel to Mexico and I had on two occasions had sex with a prostitute in Tijuana. I stated this in my background packet and was told to withdraw because this disqualifies me. The background investigator told me no department in California will hire me because of this. I have never done any drugs, have any violations, done any drugs, and always try to do the right thing. I have been wanting to become a cop for some time and that is the reason why I studied criminal justice. I know what I did is socially unacceptable in the US but because I engaged in this vice in Mexico where it is legal I thought I would be fine. I did not want to lie in my background packet and that is why I said I have paid for sex. I don't know if I should continue trying to become an officer because of what the background investigator told me. I have been testing with multiple departments and I am unsure if I should withdraw all my applications as I would most likely get disqualified because of my engagement in prostitution. Should I consider a different career path?

  • #2
    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
    I recently graduated college and I received my bachelors in criminal justice. I have been trying to become an officer since I graduated , I recently passed and oral interview for a police department in Southern California. I was invited to the background process. When I submitted my packet I was asked to withdraw my application because I answer yes to a question that disqualifies me to become an officer. Living in SoCal I frequently travel to Mexico and I had on two occasions had sex with a prostitute in Tijuana. I stated this in my background packet and was told to withdraw because this disqualifies me. The background investigator told me no department in California will hire me because of this. I have never done any drugs, have any violations, done any drugs, and always try to do the right thing. I have been wanting to become a cop for some time and that is the reason why I studied criminal justice. I know what I did is socially unacceptable in the US but because I engaged in this vice in Mexico where it is legal I thought I would be fine. I did not want to lie in my background packet and that is why I said I have paid for sex. I don't know if I should continue trying to become an officer because of what the background investigator told me. I have been testing with multiple departments and I am unsure if I should withdraw all my applications as I would most likely get disqualified because of my engagement in prostitution. Should I consider a different career path?
    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
    I was asked to withdraw my application because I answer yes to a question that disqualifies me to become an officer.
    That means you are not qualified to be a police officer........................




    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
    I had on two occasions had sex with a prostitute in Tijuana. I stated this in my background packet and was told to withdraw because this disqualifies me.
    Yep...........TOAST



    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
    The background investigator told me no department in California will hire me because of this
    That is a crime of moral turpitude--------and is almost universally a permanent disqualifier



    .
    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
    I have never done any drugs, have any violations, done any drugs,
    Doesn't matter............that one thing you DID is a disqualifying behavior



    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
    and always try to do the right thing.
    Except that one thing


    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
    I have been wanting to become a cop for some time
    Not wanting enough to not hire a prostitute


    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
    and that is the reason why I studied criminal justice.
    Probably should have done a little research on that before wasting your time and money


    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
    I know what I did is socially unacceptable in the US but because I engaged in this vice in Mexico where it is legal I thought I would be fine.
    WRONG


    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
    I did not want to lie in my background packet and that is why I said I have paid for sex.
    As you should have done


    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
    I don't know if I should continue trying to become an officer because of what the background investigator told me. I have been testing with multiple departments and I am unsure if I should withdraw all my applications as I would most likely get disqualified because of my engagement in prostitution.
    Read my above answers


    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
    Should I consider a different career path?
    I don't know-------------------what do you think
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

    Comment


    • #3
      What happens in Mexico doesn't stay in Mexico.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
        I recently graduated college and I received my bachelors in criminal justice. I have been trying to become an officer since I graduated , I recently passed and oral interview for a police department in Southern California. I was invited to the background process. When I submitted my packet I was asked to withdraw my application because I answer yes to a question that disqualifies me to become an officer. Living in SoCal I frequently travel to Mexico and I had on two occasions had sex with a prostitute in Tijuana. I stated this in my background packet and was told to withdraw because this disqualifies me. The background investigator told me no department in California will hire me because of this. I have never done any drugs, have any violations, done any drugs, and always try to do the right thing. I have been wanting to become a cop for some time and that is the reason why I studied criminal justice. I know what I did is socially unacceptable in the US but because I engaged in this vice in Mexico where it is legal I thought I would be fine. I did not want to lie in my background packet and that is why I said I have paid for sex. I don't know if I should continue trying to become an officer because of what the background investigator told me. I have been testing with multiple departments and I am unsure if I should withdraw all my applications as I would most likely get disqualified because of my engagement in prostitution. Should I consider a different career path?


        Well maybe there is some other type of work you can do instead. Why not become a lawyer? If you have a degree in CJ keep going and go for a law degree. You will make more money and won't have to travel so far for the ladies.

        Comment


        • #5
          I would suggest trying San Francisco Sheriff's and Oakland Police.

          it's worth a shot.
          semper destravit

          Comment


          • #6
            There's always politics.

            Comment


            • #7
              Tell them you didn't pay for sex. You paid for them to leave when you were done.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                Tell them you didn't pay for sex. You paid for them to leave when you were done.
                Sort of like, I smoked, but I didn't inhale. Bill Clinton got away with it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  There may be places that will hire you. You just have to put more effort than most to research them. So California is a no go....
                  Are you willing to move to another state?
                  Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
                    should withdraw all my applications as I would most likely get disqualified because of my engagement in prostitution. Should I consider a different career path??

                    mr1992

                    Yes you should withdraw all of your applications and consider a different career path if you in fact believe your Background Investigator is a spokesperson for California’s 509 law enforcement agencies, or if every applicant (including laterals and veterans) is automatically disqualified from law enforcement for exchanging sex for money in venues where prostitution is legal.

                    To wit: The eight legal counties in Nevada or the following countries. Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Bonaire, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada (prior to 2014), Chile, Costa Rica, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Macau, Madagascar, Mali, Mexico, Monaco, Nepal, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Senegal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, St Martin, Switzerland, Turkey, UK, Uruguay, Venezuela.


                    Last edited by BTDT2; 03-19-2017, 11:45 AM. Reason: typo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thank you all that have replied to my post. I have called other police departments and asked if engaging in prostitution will disqualify me from their hiring process. A few said that this will disqualify me permanently from their hiring process. Surprisingly many of the departments I contacted said that this isn't a permanent disqualifier. I was told that as long as I have not engaged in this type of behavior for approximately 5 years and have shown that I have abstain from this behavior I can apply and can potentially get hired. A few departments advice me to do things such as community service and volunteering at charitable events to prove I am a man of good character.
                      I am still going to pursue this career choice of mine. The last time I had sex with a prostitute was almost 3 years ago, I am going to wait 2 more years before I start applying at other police departments. With that being said, I am still going to go through the hiring process for those departments I had already applied for. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a background investigator that will let my paying for sex past slide. If I can't get hired at the moment, I at least now know that I totally did not screw myself over for paying for sex in the past.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mr1992 View Post
                        Thank you all that have replied to my post. I have called other police departments and asked if engaging in prostitution will disqualify me from their hiring process. A few said that this will disqualify me permanently from their hiring process. Surprisingly many of the departments I contacted said that this isn't a permanent disqualifier. I was told that as long as I have not engaged in this type of behavior for approximately 5 years and have shown that I have abstain from this behavior I can apply and can potentially get hired. A few departments advice me to do things such as community service and volunteering at charitable events to prove I am a man of good character.
                        I am still going to pursue this career choice of mine. The last time I had sex with a prostitute was almost 3 years ago, I am going to wait 2 more years before I start applying at other police departments. With that being said, I am still going to go through the hiring process for those departments I had already applied for. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a background investigator that will let my paying for sex past slide. If I can't get hired at the moment, I at least now know that I totally did not screw myself over for paying for sex in the past.
                        Why wait? Apply for Honolulu PD. Up until recently, UC officers were permitted to have sex with prostitutes to maintain cover. You'll fit right in.
                        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wow.... so paying for sex was a regular thing for you. Something wrong with putting in the time and effort to get close to someone and "earn" it?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            All you can do is continue in the process. Many agencies will not hire you.
                            semper destravit

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Any of those prostitutes dispatchers? If so...
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6264 users online. 346 members and 5918 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X