300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be DQ'd?

I'll start off by saying I come from a family a law enforcement officers. My great grandfather and grandfather were NYPD, my father was DOC at Rikers Island(deceased due to 9/11 related illnesses) and my uncle is a Sheriff in Florida. I've taken the NYPD test twice and scored an 87 my first time and a 93 on my second try and also my Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff's test and scored a 95 on that. I'm sure I will be called within the next year or two for either positions. My question is will I be DQ'd for a speeding and tail-gaiting ticket I received back when I was 18 years old in New Jersey and also a possession of marijuana and possession of alcohol underage ticket I received when I was 19.I'm currently 21 years old. The charges of possession were dropped once i went to court with ACOD. I'm currently about to graduate with my associates in criminal justice while also interning for the Suffolk County Police. I intend to continue my education until I get a call from a law enforcement agency. I've asked plenty of police officers and professors who are previous officers themselves and they all have told me I should not have a problem. Can I get some insight from anyone else on this forum to see if I will have any problems once I begin the process?

The traffic violations, and the possession charges are a little too recent IMHO. That said, a few more years of violation/infraction free citizenship should assist you in achieving your goals. As an aside, and at the risk of sounding a little harsh: No one especially an agency to which you apply, wants to know anything about relatives you have in law enforcement.

The person they'll be looking at is you. Best of luck in your efforts.

Comment

Time, and keeping your nose clean, and you will be good to go. Go for your bachelors during the time.
      I agree with PhilipCal, but there may be a time you want to mention the bloodline, but not anytime soon (this coming from someone who has a small bit of NYPD royalty in my bloodline).
      SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
      SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2016, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeswetokos View Post
        I'll start off by saying I come from a family a law enforcement officers. My great grandfather and grandfather were NYPD, my father was DOC at Rikers Island(deceased due to 9/11 related illnesses) and my uncle is a Sheriff in Florida. I've taken the NYPD test twice and scored an 87 my first time and a 93 on my second try and also my Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff's test and scored a 95 on that. I'm sure I will be called within the next year or two for either positions. My question is will I be DQ'd for a speeding and tail-gaiting ticket I received back when I was 18 years old in New Jersey and also a possession of marijuana and possession of alcohol underage ticket I received when I was 19.I'm currently 21 years old. The charges of possession were dropped once i went to court with ACOD. I'm currently about to graduate with my associates in criminal justice while also interning for the Suffolk County Police. I intend to continue my education until I get a call from a law enforcement agency. I've asked plenty of police officers and professors who are previous officers themselves and they all have told me I should not have a problem. Can I get some insight from anyone else on this forum to see if I will have any problems once I begin the process?
        Read the above answers....

Don't bother the "professors" one day you will understand why I say that
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Also forgot to mention that the marijuana wasn't mine but that it was just in my vehicle. I was on the beach with a group of people and I ended up taking the fall for it. I've never actually smoked marijuana.

Comment

In your vehicle = in your possession.... although EVERYONE in your car could have gone down for it.
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I wasn't unaware of it being in the vehicle but yes I obviously took responsibility for it. The officer even told me he knew it wasn't mine due to me being the only one clearly not under the influence and that I was the designated driver.

Comment

He could still have charged you with it, just saying. You will most likely have an uphill battle.
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6895 users online. 278 members and 6617 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X