Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British special forces experience accepted? Please help

Hello everyone,

I have a question that maybe a few people can help me with. I have read on various department's websites that I need at least 60 college credits OR 2 years Full time US military service, in order to be accepted to apply for a position. My question is that does anyone know if UK special forces would be a suitable replacement for military service?

There is of course the option of at least 60 college credits from an accredited university, however, American universities would break the bank and I cannot find any list of any international accredited institutiions.

I would like to join the NYPD or Boston PD, if that helps

Can anybody help me out with answers?

The experience would help you immensely should you be hired. Self-discplline, motivation, etc. these are things that I learned in the Marine Corps and have served me well as a cop. I know the Brits are good to go and if you served where you say you did youre no different.

That said, your time in uniform is probably not going to count in lieu of 60 college credits or 2 years active duty.

In NY, the Civil Service Law is pretty clear on military service, and it's the US Armed Forces.

So go down to you local community college and enroll. This stuff takes time anyway, you might as well use it wisely.

Semper Fi!
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by wirral View Post
      Hello everyone,

I have a question that maybe a few people can help me with. I have read on various department's websites that I need at least 60 college credits OR 2 years Full time US military service, in order to be accepted to apply for a position. My question is that does anyone know if UK special forces would be a suitable replacement for military service?

There is of course the option of at least 60 college credits from an accredited university, however, American universities would break the bank and I cannot find any list of any international accredited institutiions.

I would like to join the NYPD or Boston PD, if that helps

Can anybody help me out with answers?
      Read the written requirements ------------------they normally are fairly specific.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

As far as Boston PD, Civil Service laws require that you be a city resident to be eligible to apply. So if you don't live in the city of Boston, then I would say your better bet is the NYPD.

Comment

What color is the boathouse at Hereford?

Comment

TA or RA? It's important.

Comment

Originally posted by espantoon View Post
              What color is the boathouse at Hereford?
              I appreciate the reference. A++

Comment

If you need to amass college units in a hurry, look into CLEP testing (College Level Equivalency Program). Years ago I needed a large number of units quickly to qualify for a professional certificate and was able to knock out 57 units in 12 weeks through CLEP testing.

I don't know what your citizenship status is, but most police agencies require US citizenship,
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

It will vary from state to state and agency to agency.

Many departments in Colorado don't require citizenship.
                  "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                    If you need to amass college units in a hurry, look into CLEP testing (College Level Equivalency Program). Years ago I needed a large number of units quickly to qualify for a professional certificate and was able to knock out 57 units in 12 weeks through CLEP testing.

I don't know what your citizenship status is, but most police agencies require US citizenship,
                    I second what L-1 said. CLEP really helped be get a head start on many of the classes I would have needed to take, but actually would not have benefitted from. Nothing that I took while getting my AA in Culinary Arts would transfer so when I decided to get a 'real" degree I would have been starting from scratch.
                    In God We Trust
                    Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

I guess the OP is still looking for the Boathouse... Must be a Tiffy.
                      Last edited by CCCSD; 02-16-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                        I guess the OP is still looking for the Boathouse... Must be a Tiffy.
                        OP is on Greenwich Mean Time, he needs time to fast-rope back into the helicopter and get back to the squad.

Comment

If you were SAS or SBS, you would not be posting same on the internet.

Comment

He's not. Don't worry, he got his...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3734 users online. 257 members and 3477 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X