300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many disqualifications?

I'll get right to it. I have been Dq'ed from 5 departments so far. Is that too many, or will departments still give me a fighting chance?

A bit of background on me. I served in the Army for 7 years as an Infantryman and did 3 deployments. When I got out I applied for State Patrol. I failed the Poly. I took some time off after the failure since they claimed I would be unable to apply anywhere in the state after a failure. I learned this was not true. I applied to several other departments and got interviews and backgrounds. The furthest I got was a conditional offer pending Poly. Surprise surprise, I failed again. I can tell you all that I was being truthful until I turn blue in the face, but that doesn't matter. I continued applying and the other departments would contact the previous departments to ask regarding my disqualifications. I kept getting dropped. I built a good rapport with a BI from a certain department and he told me I should give it more time until I applied again since it just looked bad that I had failed a poly so recently. I didn't want to quit and applied to one last department. I straight up omitted that I had applied to other departments in the hopes of a fresh start. Bad move. They obviously found out and dropped me. Sucks, I really liked that department. Well I don't want to ever quit trying and I don't think I ever will, but I would like to know if I still have a chance. I know the next department I apply to will contact the previous departments and find out I have previously omitted information. I am currently in the process of enlisting into the reserves as an MP (hey it's better than nothing). I'll give it a couple of years before I apply somewhere else and hopefully, it will show that I've been on a good path. Any opinions on this are welcome. Lay it on me.

Edited for grammar.
    Last edited by f_x_; 02-08-2017, 04:25 PM.

You failed multiple times. Then you LIED on an application. You demonstrated that you can't be trusted, nor are being honest. Your record on that will be a feast to any good defense attorney should you ever be hired...which doesn't look good.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      You failed multiple times. Then you LIED on an application. You demonstrated that you can't be trusted, nor are being honest. Your record on that will be a feast to any good defense attorney should you ever be hired...which doesn't look good.
      Understood.

I hope that a department will take a chance on me despite what I have done. I never even thought about this stuff coming up during a trial. I mean it's not like I'm Mark Fuhrmaning it with crazy skeletons in my closet, but still it would be bad. So all my application stuff is open for anyone to see? I think that would be the least of my worries if they could actually see all the stuff I have admitted to during my background interviews.

Comment

You just told me that you have more problems in your BG than you put down.

you won't get hired. You have too many issues.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Yep...................it looks like the first place you applied (The State Patrol) was correct when they said you wouldn't get hired anywhere in the state with your background
          Originally posted by f_x_ View Post
          I'll get right to it. I have been Dq'ed from 5 departments so far. Is that too many, or will departments still give me a fighting chance?

A bit of background on me. I served in the Army for 7 years as an Infantryman and did 3 deployments. When I got out I applied for State Patrol. I failed the Poly. I took some time off after the failure since they claimed I would be unable to apply anywhere in the state after a failure. I learned this was not true. I applied to several other departments and got interviews and backgrounds. The furthest I got was a conditional offer pending Poly. Surprise surprise, I failed again. I can tell you all that I was being truthful until I turn blue in the face, but that doesn't matter. I continued applying and the other departments would contact the previous departments to ask regarding my disqualifications. I kept getting dropped. I built a good rapport with a BI from a certain department and he told me I should give it more time until I applied again since it just looked bad that I had failed a poly so recently. I didn't want to quit and applied to one last department. I straight up omitted that I had applied to other departments in the hopes of a fresh start. Bad move. They obviously found out and dropped me. Sucks, I really liked that department. Well I don't want to ever quit trying and I don't think I ever will, but I would like to know if I still have a chance. I know the next department I apply to will contact the previous departments and find out I have previously omitted information. I am currently in the process of enlisting into the reserves as an MP (hey it's better than nothing). I'll give it a couple of years before I apply somewhere else and hopefully, it will show that I've been on a good path. Any opinions on this are welcome. Lay it on me.

Edited for grammar.
          Last edited by Iowa #1603; 02-08-2017, 06:27 PM.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

What do you mean more problems with my background than what I put down? I mean the investigator asked a lot of very personal and sometimes embarrassing questions that if brought forward in a trial would cause me to be more embarrassed than if they just came up with “you didn’t put down all the agencies you applied for; ergo, you are the scum of the earth.” Stuff about abuse, or even past criminal activity came up, but none of that ever kicked me off the backgrounds. I mean, thanks for the opinions, but you have no idea what my background looks like other than what I have said. You aren't really giving me a realistic point of view. You basically heard a couple things and told me I'd never get hired. Honestly tho, it's people like you that really give me the motivation to keep trying. I hate being told I just don't have what it takes and then proving to myself that I do, so thanks for that.

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Yep...................it looks like the first place you applied (The State Patrol) was correct when they said you wouldn't get hired anywhere in the state with your background
            I get what you are saying, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I mean the investigator asked a lot of very personal and sometimes embarrassing questions that if brought forward in a trial would cause me to be more embarrassed than if they just came up with “you didn’t put down all the agencies you applied for; ergo, you are the scum of the earth.”
              So, do I understand correctly that at one of more of the agencies you applied with, you didn't list prior agencies you had been DQed from? If not, what was the basis for your DQs?
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

So, do I understand correctly that at one of more of the agencies you applied with, you didn't list prior agencies you had been DQed from? If not, what was the basis for your DQs?
                The only agency I did not disclose all of my previous applications was the last one. I was disqualified from this agency for that reason. The first agency I was DQ'ed from was for Poly, the second was because I had collections (all paid off now), the third was for Poly as well, the fourth BI said it was too soon since I had failed a Poly with my previous agency and wanted me to try again in 3 months, and the last was the previously mentioned agency to which I didn't disclose all of my previous applications.

Comment

and the last was the previously mentioned agency to which I didn't disclose all of my previous applications.
                  This alone would get you bounced from any halfway decent agency.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post

This alone would get you bounced from any halfway decent agency.
                    That seems to be the consensus. I may have boned myself for life. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

You maybe, maybe, maybe had a long shot after your 4th DQ. Agency #5, you lied by omission on a form you signed as being true and accurate. You will continue to be DQ'd. (Yes, you boned yourself.)

Comment

Originally posted by eagleI View Post
                        You maybe, maybe, maybe had a long shot after your 4th DQ. Agency #5, you lied by omission on a form you signed as being true and accurate. You will continue to be DQ'd. (Yes, you boned yourself.)
                        Well maybe MP for life then. I'll keep trying. Maybe an agency desperate enough will give me a shot. Can't go to the grave knowing I gave up. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

This. You're a lifetime instant DQ.

Thank you you for your service. I wish you the best of luck.

Comment

Well maybe MP for life then. I'll keep trying. Maybe an agency desperate enough will give me a shot. Can't go to the grave knowing I gave up. Thanks for the reply.
                            Thank you for your service. However, not even a DESPERATE agency would pick you over someone who hasn't had any issues. I work in a small town with 40 officers, we hire only the best candidates, and have been mostly picking lateral officers from other agencies because it's quicker.
                            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                            that we are all that stands between
                            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps your chances with local law enforcement are shot, but according to Trump's Administration they plan to hire 5,000 more Border Patrol Agents. With your military service, and an honest attitude about your screw ups you could have a chance there.

They are not traditional LE, but it is LE...
                              semper destravit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6018 users online. 300 members and 5718 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X