300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on background

here's my history.. I am completely aware that with all of this added up it shows a lack of maturity and being unstable. Since then I have drastically improved and have gained responsibility.

police contacts... 18 years old high on robotussin with my old high school friends, they got out of basic training and were visiting and said try this. I did and we walked to Dennys the police were called because we were too loud and impaired.. police called my parents to pick me up that was that.

3 traffic citations back in 2005 and 2006
    1 traffic citation I believe in 2008

2009 I bought a crown vic from a dealer. the car was black and white decommissioned police car. I was working security at the time and used my personal vehicle to sit on jobs sites. people in the neigherbood thought it looked suspicious so a sheriff came and told me I can't have this car with white doors and sent me home to paint it.

same year in my town I was pulled over various times in this car (all black now) because someone in the area was impersonating a cop and they wanted to check me out. I decided I had enough and was looking for another vehicle after that.

school.... tried 3 different junior colleges from the span of 2005 to 2010. bad grades and was poorly motivated, did not finish with any degrees.

credit.. youngster with a taste of credit.. racked up debt had collectons which are now off of my credit report. 1 car repo on the crown vic. currently in good standing and have paid all of my current credit on a timely manner as well as a mortgage.

drugs... smoked mj 5 times around age 20 and 21. got a medical card in cali because I did not want to deal with buying it from dealers on the street. so I used the card to purchase it these 5 times. haven't touched the stuff since.

jobs... held 7 jobs since 2004.. most of them working 1 to 2 years each with one being a seasonal for 3 months. current job 3 years and going strong... never fired or had anything negative happen at my jobs.

that is my history... I take full responsibility for my actions and have definitely matured since then. I had no direction in life until I met my current wife in 2008. Along with her helping me succeed i have changed into a different person that wishes I would have done thing's different.

I am applying in AZ for ADOT enforcement and compliance. full authority peace officer at a truck weigh station. I believe I'm up against 20 people.

I have absolutely nothing to hide and am taking this process very seriously.

Currently 30 years old and happily married trying to start a family.
    Last edited by desertstrike86; 01-06-2017, 06:11 PM.

Apply and see how it goes. Good luck!
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

thank you. the written, physical, and turning in the background packet is next friday. excited

Comment

It all depends on how you present yourself and how many of the other applicants have spotless records. Your background likely won't be an automatic disqualifier so there is a chance.

Comment

You're carrying an inordinate amount of "baggage", and you'll be competing with candidates far more attractive than yourself. While none of your "failings" would likely be a disqualifier of and by themselves, the total of your less than wise choices will pretty well kill you at present.

Time, I would estimate a minimum of three to five years, could be an ally. In that time, you compile a record of stability , reliability, and solid citizenship.You receive no traffic citations, you are not arrested, you build your credit, you build a stable, solid work history. Then, and only then, you "might" have a shot.

I realize that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but then, I assumed you were seeking the truth. Best of luck.

Comment

Also, find another school, online or otherwise and complete your degree. You will be happy you did and it will either be a feather in your hat or the fulfilling of a possible employment requirement for LE.

Comment

Offhand, I would say your acquisition of a medical marijuana card serves as an instant DQ, irrespective of the legal status it brings to marijuana use.

The ability to possess and transport firearms and ammunition is one of the minimum requirements of a peace officer. Federal law prohibits drug users from purchasing, possessing or transporting firearms and ammunition. Several years ago ATF issued a memo advising that persons who obtain a medical marijuana card are deemed to be drug users within the meaning of that federal law and are legally prohibited from purchasing, possessing or transporting firearms or ammunition.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

so the card was from 07 to 08. they expire after one year. does it remain in effect if you no longer possess a current card? I would imagine I wouldn't have been able to purchase my recent firearms if that were the case correct? thanks for all the feedback guys.

Comment

You're a doper who fraudulently obtained a medical MJ card in order to purchase and consume... Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by desertstrike86 View Post
                    so the card was from 07 to 08. they expire after one year. does it remain in effect if you no longer possess a current card? I would imagine I wouldn't have been able to purchase my recent firearms if that were the case correct? thanks for all the feedback guys.
                    The Medical Marijuana registry and the gun clearance computers do not exchange information, so it would not have been automatically flagged when you made your purchase. However, when you filled out the paperwork to buy a gun you were asked questions about drug use. If you answered honestly, you would have been denied the ability to buy the firearm as a drug user.

Let's add falsification of a public document (the firearms purchase paperwork) to your background as a disqualifier. I think you need to quit now before you dig the hole any deeper.
                    Last edited by L-1; 01-07-2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      You're a doper who fraudulently obtained a medical MJ card in order to purchase and consume... Fail.
                      Don't hold back now. Let him know how you really feel.

Comment

I do take full responsibility of those actions 8 or 9 years ago. I believe it wasn't a state issued card, rather one of the many mj doctors that keep the records at the office only. nevertheless, this was long ago and that is past me now with full regret.

Comment

also.. I was not using drugs when purchasing firearms. last use was age 21. I purchased firearms at age 28 to 29. the card expired at the end of age 21.

Comment

Originally posted by desertstrike86 View Post
                            I do take full responsibility of those actions 8 or 9 years ago. I believe it wasn't a state issued card, rather one of the many mj doctors that keep the records at the office only. nevertheless, this was long ago and that is past me now with full regret.
                            Oh jeez, now you're doing the two step. Doctors don't have the authority to issue medical marijuana cards, so either you are changing your story to meet your needs (lying) or you are unable to accurately recall and relate simple facts.

Lying and/or being unable to accurately recall and relate simple facts indicate you lack one or more of the following traits: integrity, honesty, dependability, thoroughness, accuracy, and good judgment. These too, are disqualifiers.

I am glad that you accept responsibility for yourself as this means you will not be filing an appeal to the inevitable disqualification on your background and that the department and its BI will not be wasting a lot of time in an administrative law court hearing.

Comment

I just checked the puchase form for my state and the question is "are you an unlawful user or addicted to Marijuana, stimulate's etc etc.."

I am taking that as "are you" meaning present tense. wouldn't the question have been have you ever? like most of these questions on the police background packets.

last use was 21, I purchased firearms at 28 and 29. sorry I just want to be certain I didn't violate any laws because the question for what it looks like is "are you" which I'm currently not, and will not be in the future.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4342 users online. 238 members and 4104 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X