• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeitgeist
    replied
    Originally posted by Texan94 View Post

Thanks for your input
    I've only skimmed this thread but here are some thoughts, I work in a large dept. in a major city. For now, the wait time between weed and applying is 3 yrs. Look at it this way. I am a non probationary employee. I am subject to drug testing at any time. If I were to go to Colorado (my former home) and legally smoke, I could still be fired if the dept. found out. Not that I need something that will make me more paranoid and eat, but that's another story. Make sense? Go spend the next 2-4 yrs improving yourself. Pick up a second or third language, work out, find things that will make you stand out.

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    Im sure agencies understand mistakes being made a young ages
    It was less than a year ago. Who would hire you if you're going to make incredibly stupid mistakes like that at a "young age" that you're STILL AT?

Do you think, and more importantly do you expect THEM to think, that you'll magically stop making mistakes "at a young age" just because somebody handed you a badge and a gun?

You aren't worth the risk, and given your minimization and avoidance of responsibility, you'll be at a "young age" for some time yet... probably into your forties at this rate.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-01-2017, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DeaconSteve
    replied

Youre a troll.
    Hey pal, if you haven't figured it out yet, if you can't take the pressure from this little online website, how are you going to take it as an actual LEO in Texas, to say nothing of getting past the BI?

You're talking all this nonsense to officers who have retired from LE before you were born. Think about that.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    No. It's not "young age". That's the most BS excuse we hear. You smoked dope within the past year. You can't even get your story straight...

Leave a comment:

• Texan94
    replied
    Originally posted by 802Deputy View Post
    Some states/agencies it's a long period of time since you last smoked, others it's how much of a smoker you were...you'll just have to ask and understand that you can't use anymore...whether it's legal in the state or not you won't be allowed to use any longer.
    Yeah, Im not even a smoker. It was just a stupid mistake i made during a vacation. Im sure agencies understand mistakes being made a young ages. Thanks for your reply sir.

Leave a comment:

• 802Deputy
    replied
    Some states/agencies it's a long period of time since you last smoked, others it's how much of a smoker you were...you'll just have to ask and understand that you can't use anymore...whether it's legal in the state or not you won't be allowed to use any longer.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    We don't want him.

Leave a comment:

• eagleI
    replied
    Come to California. Agencies are so desperate one lowered their MJ use to within the last 6 months.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Moot. OP finally figured out he can't attend an online police academy...

Leave a comment:

• bpd303
    replied
    After sitting on many hiring boards, we never recommended someone for hire who engaged in activities that we put other people in jail for.

Leave a comment:

• tanksoldier
    replied
    To many applicants who have never used any types of drugs have hard enough times getting hired already.
    I think that's the thing the OP needs to realize. Even if smoking pot doesn't TECHNICALLY disqualify you, why would an agency hire you over somebody exactly the same who DIDN'T smoke? It's not about meeting minimum qualifications, it's about beating out the other guys who have college, who have served in the military, who maybe have some LE experience elsewhere.... and who aren't potheads.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 12-26-2016, 01:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jdthor
    replied
    I dont know of any agency here that would let anyone thru thats smoked weed within 5 years. Personal decisions whether good or bad follow you.To many applicants who have never used any types of drugs have hard enough times getting hired already.

Leave a comment:

• Langford PR
    replied
    A very simple question. This summer i visited family in colorado.Weed is legal in colorado and I purchased it legally at a dispensary. I only smoked 1 baby joint and haven't touched weed since then......
    Very simple answer.......

......as a LE applicant you WILL regret this VERY bad decision, period.

Leave a comment:

• Langford PR
    replied
    ...... My question is, since marijuana is legal in colorado do they look at that at all or do they just look at it the same way?.....
    Yes, Colorado law enforcement looks at dopers MJ use the same as LE throughout the USA. It will DQ an applicant if the agency wishes it to.

Leave a comment:

• Texan94
    replied
    Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post

OP, read this post and think about it long and hard, because this is the way "most cops" think about drugs and people who use them.
    I don't care for drug users either. Not a pothead, not a doper.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3607 users online. 220 members and 3387 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X