300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug use question

A very simple question. This summer i visited family in colorado.Weed is legal in colorado and I purchased it legally at a dispensary. I only smoked 1 baby joint and haven't touched weed since then. My question is, since marijuana is legal in colorado do they look at that at all or do they just look at it the same way? Before this i haven't touched marijuana since I was 18-19, im 22 now. Thanks.

All depends on the individual agency. Since MJ became "legal" in many states "recently", departments are still in the process of updating their policies. Check with the departments you're applying with BEFORE submitting an application. Though it may be legal in the state, I know of at least one department that will DQ for it if you used it within 5 years of the date of your application.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Just food for thought here - while your conduct may have been legal according to the laws of that state, it was still prohibited by Federal law. Based on that, an agency can use your actions as a basis for DQ if they decide they they don't want you, but can't find anything else in your personal history that would otherwise meet the criteria for disqualification.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Many agencies still have their own standards...they may make you wait 5 - 10 years in between usage and applying.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

We require 5 years since your last MJ use and that use must be minimal. Whether the use was "legal" or not is irrelevant.

The bigger question to answer is why would anyone who's seeking a career in law enforcement even risk it? That's the thing that blows me away.

Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

on is, since marijuana is legal in colorado do they look at that at all or do they just look at it the same way?
            Still a violation of federal law. That's how my department sees it and we're IN Colorado.

Go to Amsterdam and patronize a prostitute. Legal there, still a problem here.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by Texan94 View Post
              A very simple question. This summer i visited family in colorado.Weed is legal in colorado and I purchased it legally at a dispensary. I only smoked 1 baby joint and haven't touched weed since then. My question is, since marijuana is legal in colorado do they look at that at all or do they just look at it the same way? Before this i haven't touched marijuana since I was 18-19, im 22 now. Thanks.
              How much did you smoke back then?

Comment

Originally posted by DeaconSteve View Post

How much did you smoke back then?
                I use to smoke heavy when i was 16,17. Bad crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                  We require 5 years since your last MJ use and that use must be minimal. Whether the use was "legal" or not is irrelevant.

The bigger question to answer is why would anyone who's seeking a career in law enforcement even risk it? That's the thing that blows me away.
                  Thanks. And LE always been in the back of my mind but i never really thought i would pursue it. After a talk with some family this past month, Ive decided to commit 100% to becoming a police officer.

Comment

You're toast in Texas.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      You're toast in Texas.
                      Haha. Thanks for your input.

Comment

I have lived almost 68 years and have never ever smoked pot or taken a illegal drug...Personally I have no F......use for potheads or dopers.
                        Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
                          I have lived almost 68 years and have never ever smoked pot or taken a illegal drug...Personally I have no F......use for potheads or dopers.
                          Good for you buddy. Alot of police officers smoked weed once in their life. Doesn't make them a doper or pothead. Same with any other profession. I haven't been a "doper" since i was 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Texan94 View Post

Good for you buddy. Alot of police officers smoked weed once in their life. Doesn't make them a doper or pothead. Same with any other profession. I haven't been a "doper" since i was 17.
                            Oh. My. God. Did you really just post that?

You are a complete and utter Clownshoes.

Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I haven't been a "doper" since i was 17.
                              False.

You HAVE to be high to be posting this Shiite...
                              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7328 users online. 255 members and 7073 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X