Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i still become a police officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    L-1 gives good advice on Civil Service procedures...........

    Originally posted by Crazybone57 View Post
    . The BI said that he would need the PHS in a week for us to be considered
    I assume you made that deadline.............

    Originally posted by Crazybone57 View Post
    . One more question : the department I applied for say they are facing a critical police shortage , do you think that helps my chances ?
    Not really. If you don't meet their requirements, you don't get hired no matter how "critical" their situation.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

    Comment


    • #32
      Thank you for the reply , I turned the day after I passed the oral board .In any case, if I'm not high enough on the list , I'll take the punch of rejection , dust off and get back up and re apply somewhere else . Thank you for all your replies , I really appreciate the input

      Comment


      • #33
        I know this is an old post , but I really would like to thank you guys for the advice , especially with the oral boards . I finally achieved a score high enough to get into the background phase for Nevada DPS . My question , they said the academies are in January and February of 2019( one of those is the one that they said there pushing me for ; I only submitted my background package at the very start of October. Can backgrounds really be done that fast , even I read that most agencies take 6 to 12 months for a background?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Crazybone57 View Post
          I know this is an old post , but I really would like to thank you guys for the advice , especially with the oral boards . I finally achieved a score high enough to get into the background phase for Nevada DPS . My question , they said the academies are in January and February of 2019( one of those is the one that they said there pushing me for ; I only submitted my background package at the very start of October. Can backgrounds really be done that fast , even I read that most agencies take 6 to 12 months for a background?
          That's just an average time frame for a background. Some places can get them done a lot quicker. It just depends on the department, your background and how in depth they go with it.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Crazybone57 View Post
            I know this is an old post , but I really would like to thank you guys for the advice , especially with the oral boards . I finally achieved a score high enough to get into the background phase for Nevada DPS . My question , they said the academies are in January and February of 2019( one of those is the one that they said there pushing me for ; I only submitted my background package at the very start of October. Can backgrounds really be done that fast , even I read that most agencies take 6 to 12 months for a background?
            Things that delay background checks would be if you moved around a lot, lived in multiple states, lived out of the country, drove in those places or didn’t answer all of the questions properly. A simple background by a motivated BI can get done in a few weeks. I’ve seen departments offer “provisional or conditional” job offers. This would get the recruit started in the academy while they finish up the background check. Not sure if the agency you applied for does this, but it is a possibility.

            Good luck!
            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

            Comment


            • #36
              Thank you so much for the answers , it gives me something to go on in terms of the timeframes.

              Comment


              • #37
                Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

                i know this is very old post but I get great information here and it has helped . I have another question. I have gone through the entire process for Phoenix Police Department and already been given the conditonal offer , completed the psych test, and currently completing the medical portion ; and have been tentatively scheduled for a June academy. My question; what are the odds of not being selected at this point . I know they say nothing is certain in the hiring process until it’s on paper , but maybe you guys could possibly give some insight to my odds .


                Thank You

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Crazybone57 View Post
                  Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

                  i know this is very old post but I get great information here and it has helped . I have another question. I have gone through the entire process for Phoenix Police Department and already been given the conditonal offer , completed the psych test, and currently completing the medical portion ; and have been tentatively scheduled for a June academy. My question; what are the odds of not being selected at this point . I know they say nothing is certain in the hiring process until it’s on paper , but maybe you guys could possibly give some insight to my odds .


                  Thank You
                  You've been given a conditional offer. That means you've been selected. If all you have left is your medical, as long as nothing of note is found there you are in
                  NYPD Exam 2302 (July, 2011) - 9x.xxx
                  List number (December, 2011) - 2xx
                  APD -???

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by LSUTiger9314 View Post

                    You've been given a conditional offer. That means you've been selected. If all you have left is your medical, as long as nothing of note is found there you are in
                    Medical and psych in most agencies
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

                      Medical and psych in most agencies
                      According to him psych is done
                      NYPD Exam 2302 (July, 2011) - 9x.xxx
                      List number (December, 2011) - 2xx
                      APD -???

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Thank you gentlemen for the replies . I did complete my psych. I started medical before the psych but had to do more tests which held the medical portion up, but the Doc cleared me.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Great! Now don't do anything dumb and get the offer resended.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I thank for the advice for the questions I had . I am pleased to inform you guys that I was officially hired by Phoenix Police!! I am so excited

                            Comment

                            MR300x250 Tablet

                            Collapse

                            What's Going On

                            Collapse

                            There are currently 9995 users online. 448 members and 9547 guests.

                            Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                            Welcome Ad

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X