Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limbo?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by MichaelW1982 View Post

    A friend of mine is a retired polygraph examiner. He said that if people asked whether or not they passed, even if he thought they were honest before that point.... they now failed. He said his reasoning was that if someone had to ask if they passed it was only because they were trying to find out if they got away with lying. I'm not saying thats accurate... and hes a strange guy... but that was his stance on it. And the examiners arent supposed to decide results so much as they pass them up the chain, but I don't know many folks that an examiner says is deceptive and still get hired.
    And that represents EVERYTHING that's wrong with truth verification in the hiring process. Here, the examiner made a decision not based on the results of the examination but on his own BS subjective feelings. That happens WAY more than you'd think. If there was actually any kind of quality control done in polygraph, he should have had his certs pulled on the spot. Unfortunately, there isn't any QC. As long as you attend the recert training and your check clears, you get to keep doing it.

    \

    Comment


    • #17
      I have taken 5 polygraphs and 1 CVSA to date, and I have never failed one. Have I ever showed a reaction to a certain question and been questioned about it by the examiner? Sure I have. But as long as you have a reasonable explanation then you will be fine. Be honest, and just trust yourself. Unfortunately everyone is human and we all make mistakes. Every examiner is different and I have even had an examiner tell me that an applicant can "fail" because of a personality compatibility issue between applicant and examiner. Just do your best if you ever have to take another polygraph. I am more experienced than most applicants and they still make me nervous because of how it is basically up to the examiner to interpret your results.

      Comment


      • #18
        Got the rejection letter on Monday night when I got home from work. I picked up my polygraph results this morning and I passed. I also passed the background for two other agencies. I'm guessing, another candidate of the initial five was picked over me.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by MichaelW1982 View Post

          A friend of mine is a retired polygraph examiner. He said that if people asked whether or not they passed, even if he thought they were honest before that point.... they now failed. He said his reasoning was that if someone had to ask if they passed it was only because they were trying to find out if they got away with lying. I'm not saying thats accurate... and hes a strange guy... but that was his stance on it. And the examiners arent supposed to decide results so much as they pass them up the chain, but I don't know many folks that an examiner says is deceptive and still get hired.

          That's some of the dumbest crap I've heard. Really they'd fail you on that? Another reason why polygraphs should not be used for hiring.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Ride_Along View Post
            Got the rejection letter on Monday night when I got home from work. I picked up my polygraph results this morning and I passed. I also passed the background for two other agencies. I'm guessing, another candidate of the initial five was picked over me.
            Just got to keep positive and keep applying. It happens to everyone. Just have to be patient

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by m.p.c View Post


              That's some of the dumbest crap I've heard. Really they'd fail you on that? Another reason why polygraphs should not be used for hiring.
              I agree. Voodoo pseudo-science!

              Comment


              • #22
                Why don't they just use jedi mind powers

                Comment

                MR300x250 Tablet

                Collapse

                What's Going On

                Collapse

                There are currently 2991 users online. 123 members and 2868 guests.

                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                Welcome Ad

                Collapse
                Working...
                X