Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PD called...new psych, any thoughts?

Some of you may remember my previous post. I took the psych exam for Salem, OR early in Dec. and was told that I didn't pass. I didn't get an explanation, just a letter in the mail.

Fast forward to today. Out of the blue I get a call from one of the Sgts saying that there was conflicting information with the test. Apparently the Sgt I had been dealing with is no longer in charge of the hiring anymore. He didn't elaborate when I asked what that meant, but he did say both I and the other applicant weren't reccomended and he wasn't satisfied with the results.

So he's sending me for another Psych in a different city. My initial test was about 2000 questions over three tests. I forget their names, but this one is only one of the tests, the CP100, and an interview with the doctor.

So my whole reason for posting is to get any thoughts as to whats going on. I mean, I am grateful for another shot, but I am very curious about the change. Anybody have stuff like this happen to them? Thanks in advance for any replies.

- Jon
    They [the bad guys] don't care about hurting people and sometimes, when you are the bad guy, your door gets knocked in and warrants get served.

Originally posted by JonS
    Some of you may remember my previous post. I took the psych exam for Salem, OR early in Dec. and was told that I didn't pass. I didn't get an explanation, just a letter in the mail.

Fast forward to today. Out of the blue I get a call from one of the Sgts saying that there was conflicting information with the test. Apparently the Sgt I had been dealing with is no longer in charge of the hiring anymore. He didn't elaborate when I asked what that meant, but he did say both I and the other applicant weren't reccomended and he wasn't satisfied with the results.

So he's sending me for another Psych in a different city. My initial test was about 2000 questions over three tests. I forget their names, but this one is only one of the tests, the CP100, and an interview with the doctor.

So my whole reason for posting is to get any thoughts as to whats going on. I mean, I am grateful for another shot, but I am very curious about the change. Anybody have stuff like this happen to them? Thanks in advance for any replies.

- Jon
    Failing a psych exam isn't really the correct term. The three tests you took are fairly standard. When they score them you fit into a category. Some agencies want people who are very aggressive while others want less. Typically, agencies that work in metro areas don't need someone as aggressive as a state or county agency that doesn't have backup or close supervision.

You could have very well come off as too aggressive to the previous guy but the agency might have other ideas of what makes a good officer for their department. I would suggest that you go retake the test and don't try to fake your way through it. They have already seen your first set of results and the new guy told you that he didn't agree with the previous assessment. That to me means that they already know they want to finish the process and hire you as the person they know you are.

Comment

Ever hear the old adage about "looking a gift horse in the mouth"? Take the test. As previously noted, you could the guy the department is looking for.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I might have come across wrong in my post. I am absolutely greatful to have another shot, and I was never thinking about not doing it. I was just wondering what the cause might have been, or if this happens often or not. Again, thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated. I will update the thread and let you know how it went.

- Jon
        They [the bad guys] don't care about hurting people and sometimes, when you are the bad guy, your door gets knocked in and warrants get served.

Comment

It signifies that whoever is in charge now apparently lacks confidence in the decision to DQ you, so another test has been scheduled. I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.

I wouldn't push to much when it comes to finding out what happened to the previous sergeant. Personnel issues are confidential and if the new sergeant sidestepped your question, continuing to pursue it would be inappropriate.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8025 users online. 426 members and 7599 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X