300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision Requirements

I was wondering what most departments require for vision...im correctable to 20/20 but i have a color difficiency (sp?) I can never pass those stupid tests they give you where they have the shapes and numbers in a jumble of colors but i can tell a maroon 4 door sedan from a green 4 door sedan...

Standards will vary from agency to agency so it's difficult to give you a hard and fast answer. However, an analysis of concerns in this area can be found at:

http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/pdf/Vision.pdf
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

If I remember correctly, the vision being correctable to 20/20 is fine (obviously I am speaking only for my experience), but the color blindness is an issue. You need to talk to the agency you are considering to be sure.

Comment

You were talking about the Ishihara color test with the numbers in the stupid color plates in the book. You should probably take the Farnsworth D15 test. First, they'll generally give you the Ishihara test and when you fail, they should give the Farnsworth. You should pass that one if you're not completely color blind. I have to go through this too.
        God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4787 users online. 218 members and 4569 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X