300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one more question (hearing)

During the physical or any other time, do you get your hearing checked?

Thanks for the input.

Steve

No, You Do During The Medical Which Is A Later Step In The Process

Comment

Your hearing should be tested during your pre-employment medical exam. Areas of concern with respect to hearing and emplpyment as a law enforcement officer may be found at:

http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/pdf/Hearing.pdf
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Yes it gets checked.

But I don't know how much it matters if it's bad or not. Unless you're completely deaf or unable to hear the radio or normal conversation.

I think it more to establish a baseline so later on when you say the siren made you deaf there'll be a record of what it was when you started.

Ours get checked every year. I hate this test more then anything because I never know if I hear the little beep, or I THINK I hear the little beep.
        Just keep pressing the button.
        "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by jnice0010
          No, You Do During The Medical Which Is A Later Step In The Process
          Please tell me what the diffrence between a physical and a medical is.
          "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

thats a dumb question. the difference is a physical is doing the run and etc. the medical is drug testing, hearing, eyes, etc. duh

Comment

Originally posted by jnice0010
              thats a dumb question. the difference is a physical is doing the run and etc. the medical is drug testing, hearing, eyes, etc. duh
              And this is why only current LEO's should assist in here. Hey bud, what he means is a "Physical" is going to the doctor, which can be referred to as a MEDICAL .

What you are referring to and failing to help here and in your views are thinking of the acutal Physical Agility test AKA PT TEST!
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

thanks irishlad2nv,
                yes i meant during the medical exam. the state of oregon states that your hearing loss can't be greater than 25 dbs in any range. how closely is that adheared to? it's not that i am deaf, but i do have some hearing loss. i carry on phone and inter office correspondance day in day out without problems. just asking.

steve

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4177 users online. 275 members and 3902 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X