Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have this kind of history?

No, its not bad, no criminal acts for me (well, aside from a little drinking in college...)

I'm 22, 2 years out of university and have a fairly good work history-- good references, responsible jobs etc-- and clean background. But I have been living out of the United States off and on since I was 17 so portions of my work and residences have been foreign. I was looking at some sample history and background forms and they always ask for people who knew you when you lived/worked at each place and addresses and telephones. Straight up, that's gonna be a problem. Some of my bosses and colleagues don't speak English, some of my landlords have no phones and not really addresses either (unless I can list "calle palmira, frente la pulperia") and to top it all off in the annoying scale, one of my addresses is classified.

What should I be preparing or the kind of information/notes I should be getting together to make up for this background? And if anyone else has had a foreign residence, it would be good to hear that it wasn't a problem (and if it was, I guess I want to hear that too)

Thanks

Even though you say it will be a problem, you still need to sit there and really think about where you lived and where you worked. Don't worry so much as to if your previous landlords or employers can not speak english, but it is very important to list where your worked an lived. Good luck and just be very upfront with your BI.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Work hard to get all the info once and keep it on file. This way you always have the info if needed for another application. I am sure they can understand the situation, but you need to give them as much info as you can.

Comment

The last out of country applicant I handled had just returned to the US after having lived in Morocco for several years. We asked the national police there to do that part of the investigation for us.

Get your notes together now so that the necessary information will be available when it comes time to do your background.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

It is good to know that at least usually, I wouldn't get automatically DQ'd just for not being able to produce lots of records. I have my fingerprints (and PALM! prints) on file where I lived the longest (because of immigration/alien cards), so I guess a quick check with the country's police would work, like with the Morocco police that L-1 mentions.

If I can't provide a home address but can give a work address, would that be okay in general?

Comment

Originally posted by faithbck
            If I can't provide a home address but can give a work address, would that be okay in general?
            Not being able to provide a home address will raise red flags big time. If you know your work address, you should know your home address as well. Why can't you provide a home address?
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I was working for the US gov't and they told me that my residence address was classified. The house wasn't labeled and neither was the street. Anything more than that, I didn't ask. I had a mailbox with an APO address.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9360 users online. 465 members and 8895 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X