300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Ex Spouse Question

I posed this question a pretty good while ago and didn't get very many responses. Now that I'm getting pretty far along in the process I thought I would ask it again and see if I get any more responses.

Has anybody had a crazy ex-spouse screw up their Background check? I'm not talking about something legitimate like abuse or something. I'm talking about like out and outright lies.

I.e. "He was having an affair. He took all my money. He left me with all of the bills". Or she said that you did hit her and you know you never even laid a hand on her.

If so what did your BI say to you and did you get DQ'd? Did your BI even talk to her? If you didn't get DQ'd what did you have to do to prove your innocence?

Just wondering. This one is bats. I was married to her less than 1 year and it costed me $20K to get rid of her. Fast forward 6 years later and she's still got issues. Like calling the local radio station to complain about me, etc.

Thanks in Advance,

TRPR2B
    Last edited by trpr2b; 01-18-2006, 01:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Be a leader, not a follower

Originally posted by trpr2b
    I posed this question a pretty good while ago and didn't get very many responses. Now that I'm getting pretty far along in the process I thought I would ask it again and see if I get any more responses.

Has anybody had a crazy ex-spouse screw up their Background check? I'm not talking about something legitimate like abuse or something. I'm talking about like out and outright lies.

I.e. "He was having an affair. He took all my money. He left me with all of the bills". Or she said that you did hit her and you know you never even laid a hand on her.

If so what did your BI say to you and did you get DQ'd? Did your BI even talk to her? If you didn't get DQ'd what did you have to do to prove your innocence?

Just wondering. This one is bats. I was married to her less than 1 year and it costed me $20K to get rid of her. Fast forward 6 years later and she's still got issues. Like calling the local radio station to complain about me, etc.

Thanks in Advance,

TRPR2B
    When I was going through my background with a dept my B/I told me they take ex's with a grain of salt providing there is no paper trail supporting what they say,like police being called to your house on a regular basis.

Comment

Am I that odd that almost no one has had this problem?

Comment

It wasn't an ex of mine....but an ex of the guy I was seeing. She threatened me, lied to the bi, called my parents and told them weird stuff, then attempted to blackmail me. I got the job anyway. She's left me alone since.

Investigators have to rate everything they're told on a credibility scale. SO, if 98% of people are saying you're great and blah blah blah, the one person with a vendetta isn't going to get the same weight in the investigator's eyes.

Good luck.
        What What?

Comment

Originally posted by slopegrrrl
          It wasn't an ex of mine....but an ex of the guy I was seeing. She threatened me, lied to the bi, called my parents and told them weird stuff, then attempted to blackmail me. I got the job anyway. She's left me alone since.

Investigators have to rate everything they're told on a credibility scale. SO, if 98% of people are saying you're great and blah blah blah, the one person with a vendetta isn't going to get the same weight in the investigator's eyes.

Good luck.
          Hopefully this will be the case. I was informed yesterday that she will be contacted.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4790 users online. 258 members and 4532 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X