X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DepHC444
    replied
    Originally posted by student101
    Yeah, wannabe sounds like he is trying to sneak by, but as far as myself that is not the case. I was just wondering if your record is not visible to police departments but I guess it is. I have done some things in the pass that I am not proud of but I learned from my mistakes and was always a good kid, except fo those mistakes. I'm just worried about telling the truth and not being able to get in because of what I did in the past. I am more than WILLING to TELL the TRUTH!!! Just nervous..........
    I can only speak for my department but I was never asked to tell them every bad thing that I have done. If so I would still be in the background interview telling them about the snowballs I used to throw at cars. If they ask a question answer it honestly, always tell the truth. Sometimes it hurts but if your background shows that you have changed then you should have no problems depending on what you did of course. If you made a mistake and killed someone then you may not be at the top of the list.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• student101
    replied
    Yeah, wannabe sounds like he is trying to sneak by, but as far as myself that is not the case. I was just wondering if your record is not visible to police departments but I guess it is. I have done some things in the pass that I am not proud of but I learned from my mistakes and was always a good kid, except fo those mistakes. I'm just worried about telling the truth and not being able to get in because of what I did in the past. I am more than WILLING to TELL the TRUTH!!! Just nervous..........

Leave a comment:

• DepHC444
    replied
    My reply is in response wannabe

Leave a comment:

• DepHC444
    replied
    Originally posted by lcpdwannabe
    Not trying to sneak by..just curious on how they find out and what is on mine..just for my own knowledge
    Try and be honest with yourself for one minute. There are only two possible reasons that you would want this information:

1. You would like to see if you would be able to withold information to better your chances at getting hired.

-or-

2. Since you were a little kid you wanted to be a Police Officer and wanted to work in the background division/department. You wanted to find out this information so that you didn't go through the academy and work several years in patrol before being accepted into the background unit. Hence the statement "how they found out what is on mine".

Let me just give you one piece of advice, if you withold criminal information from one department all others WILL find out. I was told during my interview that if I withold any Police contacts/arrests that I will never work as a Police Officer in the state of Minnesota.

Please don't get discouraged about the arrest, own up to it and be prepared to show how you have changed and also what you have learned. This is coming form somone that has been there and done that but I made the right choice in disclosing what I did.

Leave a comment:

• P.I.Davis
    replied
    Not trying to sneak by..just curious on how they find out and what is on mine..just for my own knowledge

Sounds like your trying to be deceptive to me. What do you mean for your own knowlage? You havent been you your whole life? Have you ever been arrested?? Yes or no? If your Backround book asked "have you ever been arrested, detained,interview, or investigated by any Law enforcment agency?" The question isnt asking what do ou have a paper trail for. Its asking you to talk about any interaction you have had in an investagatory or prosecutorial nature with the police. Lieing is only going to get you in trouble. Trust me waht ever you think you can hide they will find. and yes. That includes your juviniel record. I always laugh at people who think their juviniel record disapears at age 18....WRONG

Leave a comment:

• lcpdwannabe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ctt
    replied
    Is there something online that you can do a check on yourself with that might be close to what agencies use???
    Are you trying to sneak by? The only thing online that is similar to what they use is a private investigator that you pay a significant amount of money for him to interview employers, friends and other people that you have interacted with over the past 10+ years.

Leave a comment:

• lcpdwannabe
    replied
    Is there something online that you can do a check on yourself with that might be close to what agencies use???

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    who did the check for you? if it was an online thing that you pay for, my parents did it on someone we know for a fact has multiple arrest and it came back clean

Leave a comment:

• GRI5TH
    replied
    Originally posted by GB0610
    Yes, they will find it. We can find a record of all past offenses. Don't lie, just admit it when you go to backgrounds. And since it was last year, I recommend waiting for two more before you apply. (obviously, depending on what you did, you might be screwed for good)

Start being honest right now.
    This is correct. A law enforcement agency criminal history check will locate the arrest and disposition.

Leave a comment:

• student101
    started a topic Criminal Background Check

Criminal Background Check

I recently had a criminal background check done on myself and it came back no record found. This was state wide check! I got arrested last year June or July. When you get arrested and go to court and they say if you attend these meetings and pay X amount of money we will wipe this off of your record. Do police agencies have a way to see if you have been arrested even if the check came back no record found. Help with some feed back please.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5031 users online. 291 members and 4740 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X